Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
newsman had a scene during the credits and during when the phones die

cjd874

Reaction score
newsman had a scene during the credits and during when the phones die
That's right, I forgot that part with the phones...

For some reason, I always thought that Bill Barretta and then Dave Goelz took over the Newsman after Jim's death, because Jim plays Rowlf & Dr. Teeth, who have that same rough quality to their voices that the Newsman have. Then I thought Dave took over around the late 2000s because he performs Waldorf, who also sounds like the Newsman. I just recently learned that Steve Whitmire has been the main performer of the Newsman for the past five years. Heh, that was quite a news flash for me.:news:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
That's right, I forgot that part with the phones...

For some reason, I always thought that Bill Barretta and then Dave Goelz took over the Newsman after Jim's death, because Jim plays Rowlf & Dr. Teeth, who have that same rough quality to their voices that the Newsman have. Then I thought Dave took over around the late 2000s because he performs Waldorf, who also sounds like the Newsman. I just recently learned that Steve Whitmire has been the main performer of the Newsman for the past five years. Heh, that was quite a news flash for me.:news:
Jerry Nelson performed him back in 1996 for a CD-ROM game, and Brian Henson briefly performed him for The Muppet Show Live and Muppet Party Cruise. That was the only time Brian took over one of his dad's characters.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Is there even the slightest possibility of Frank Oz being involved? I heard that he didn't like the last movie because it wasn't as hard-edged or witty as the original Muppet movies. Here's hoping that he has a cameo of some sort.
Have there been any recent details regarding the plot of the new movie?

Also, I was very happy to see obscure Muppets like Wayne and Wanda, Thog, and Marvin Suggs in the last movie from 2011. I would like to see even more of those characters...like the Newsman was supposed to have a scene in the 2011 movie, but apparently it was cut. I'd like to see the Newsman, Beauregard, Pops, Link, Dr. Strangepork, Crazy Harry, and others have at least two or three lines to speak...
Frank probably won't be involved. While it's said his not being involved in the last movie was becasue he didn't like the script, I think it's really because he's just so busy these days with directing. I wouldn't expect him to return to the Muppets, but that's okay. As for him not liking it, I think he said that he liked the final version. He most likely didn't like the draft that was given to him, which is understandable. Early drafts were in great need of changes.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm now kind of hoping Whoopi has a cameo not only because it's become a bit of a quasi tradition but also just to muck with the people not wanting it.:stick_out_tongue:

I'm sure i probably said it before but i REALLY want to see the Jerry Nelson Muppet in it.

Speaking of cameos/human casting, isn't it kind of odd how a month away from filming there hasn't been much news about human casting/cameos compared to how much news there was going into the previous film's shoot? Not that i'm complaining...less humans = more Muppet screentime plus given that the previous film was largely about the Hollywood setting, lots of celeb cameos was better suited for it.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I have a feeling this month and into next month definitely were gonna be hearing more details.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm now kind of hoping Whoopi has a cameo not only because it's become a bit of a quasi tradition but also just to muck with the people not wanting it.:stick_out_tongue:
I'd rather see Whoopi than ever having Rob "Derp de derr" Schnider in a Muppet film ever again. I wish that they signed a restraining order against him after Muppets From Space. He shouldn't even shoot a film in the same studio as a Muppet... though, that doesn't seem too much of a problem these days.

Speaking of cameos/human casting, isn't it kind of odd how a month away from filming there hasn't been much news about human casting/cameos compared to how much news there was going into the previous film's shoot?

I dunno about anyone else, but I do NOT want cameo news. First off, I want everything to be a surprise (like that's going to happen). But mostly because last time we heard cameos, half of them were false, and then half of what remained were slashed out of the film and not even on the Blu Ray extras. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by a cameo by someone who I didn't know was going to be in the film than mildly disappointed that someone who I was expecting to be in the film in a lost sequence.

beaker

Reaction score
Ricky Gervais. You know it needs to happen. Though I'm guessing Russel Brand is a big possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.