Favorite Electric Mayhem songs?

cjd874

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Dr. Teeth & the EM band, so I decided to create a thread about them.

My favorites are "Tenderly" (record version with extended sax solo), "Don't Blame the Dynamite," "Sweet Tooth Jam," "Little Saint Nick," (from Muppets' & John Denver's Christmas album) and "Can You Picture That?"
Solo members songs are also allowed. So I'd choose "Money" and "Cheesecake" by Dr. Teeth and "Lady Be Good" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by Floyd.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I loved Poison Ivy by Dr. Teeth! Short but quite funny. It looked like he gained the Newsman's cruse as a one off. XD

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Gosh, it's hard to pick just one song......I would pick all of them, but that's being a little too obvious. I'll just pick my personal favorites.
Group:
*Can You Picture That (TMM)
*Night Life (GMC)
*Love Ya To Death (version in the Harvey Korman episode)
*Don't Blame The Dynamite
*Sweet Tooth Jam
*Mr. Bassman (with Scooter! :wink:)
*Barnyard Boogie
*Rockin' Robin (I grew up in LOVE with that one.)
*Jingle Bell Rock (Muppet Family Christmas)
*Run Run Rudolph (version from Rockafeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony)

Solos/Duets/Other:
*ALL of Floyd's solos (with While My Guitar Gently Weeps still my all time favorite)
*All three of Floyd and Janice's duets (Blackbird (I'm counting that one even though Janice didn't sing in it), 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover and Act Naturally)
*With A Little Help From My Friends (Janice)
*Sax and Violence (Zoot)
*Animal's Drum Battle with Buddy Rich
*Money (Dr. Teeth)
*Six String Orchestra (with Scooter)
*Honeysuckle Rose (Floyd and Zoot)
*Mack The Knife (Dr. Teeth and Sam Eagle)
*In The Good Old Summertime (Floyd and Pearl Bailey)
*It's In His Kiss (Janice, Linda Ronstadt, and The Female Singers)

Accompanies for Guest Stars:
*Crocodile Rock (Elton John)
*Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John)
*Bye Bye Blackbird (Lou Rawls)
*It Don't Mean A Thing, If It Ain't Got That Swing (Cleo Laine)
*That Old Black Magic (Jaye P. Morgan)
*Blue (Helen Reddy)
*Walk Right Back (Anne Murray)
*Last Time I Saw Him (Diana Ross)
*The Roaring 20's Medley (The Varsity Drag/Alexander's Ragtime Band) (James Coburn)
*Loves Me Like A Rock (Paul Simon)
*When The Saints Go Marching In (Hal Linden)
*Blue Bayou (Linda Ronstadt)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I think it's definitely "Money". One of the more funnier songs, with nice visuals.
Jim Henson always came up with funny ideas back then and made funny characters with personally. I don't mean to be so specific about that song, but he was always a funny man according to Frank Oz.

cjd874

Reaction score
I think it's definitely "Money". One of the more funnier songs, with nice visuals.
Yep, it's definitely a showcase for Jim Henson's singing skills...Jim, Jerry, & Richard were the best ones at singing fast-paced tunes, and they all were "members" of the Electric Mayhem.
Also, the slot machine gag at the end of "Money" kills me every time.

Gosh, it's hard to pick just one song......I would pick all of them, but that's being a little too obvious. I'll just pick my personal favorites.
Group:
*Can You Picture That (TMM)
*Night Life (GMC)
*Love Ya To Death (version in the Harvey Korman episode)
*Don't Blame The Dynamite
*Sweet Tooth Jam
*Mr. Bassman (with Scooter! :wink:)
*Barnyard Boogie
*Rockin' Robin (I grew up in LOVE with that one.)
*Jingle Bell Rock (Muppet Family Christmas)
*Run Run Rudolph (version from Rockafeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony)

Accompanies for Guest Stars:
*Crocodile Rock (Elton John)
*Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John)
*Bye Bye Blackbird (Lou Rawls)
*It Don't Mean A Thing, If It Ain't Got That Swing (Cleo Laine)
*That Old Black Magic (Jaye P. Morgan)
*Blue (Helen Reddy)
*Walk Right Back (Anne Murray)
*Last Time I Saw Him (Diana Ross)
*The Roaring 20's Medley (The Varsity Drag/Alexander's Ragtime Band) (James Coburn)
*Loves Me Like A Rock (Paul Simon)
*When The Saints Go Marching In (Hal Linden)
*Blue Bayou (Linda Ronstadt)
I LOVE "Rockin' Robin." That was actually the first EM song I ever heard from an old videotape that I think I still have.
Thanks for mentioning "Barnyard Boogie" & "Jingle Bell Rock." I forgot about those.

In regards to the EM accompanying guests, can I also give a shout-out to the "Lullaby of Birdland" number with Don Knotts? That is not only musical, but hysterically funny. Especially the line from Dr. Teeth: Sheet music? I haven't seen that stuff in years! Hey, look at that. The cat can follow the dots!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I LOVE "Rockin' Robin." That was actually the first EM song I ever heard from an old videotape that I think I still have.
Thanks for mentioning "Barnyard Boogie" & "Jingle Bell Rock." I forgot about those.
That's where I heard Rockin' Robin the first time, when I watched it on video tape when I was like 4 or 5. I don't know what happened to that video tape, though. My mom probably got rid of it. I'm not worried, though. There's always Youtube. :big_grin:

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
My favorite electric mayhem songs are
Can You Picture That
Barnyard Boogie
Jingle bell Rock
Rockin all Around the World (from the muppets at disney world special)
Tenderly
Cant take no for a anwser
Night life
Cheesecake
:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
I love Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem! For me, my all time favorite tracks from them would be "Can You Picture That", "Little St. Nick", "Night Life", and "Rockin' Robin".

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.... I wish they would release a Greatest Hits album!!! :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo: