Favorite Electric Mayhem songs?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I've got to go with "Don't Blame The Dynamite", because the lyrics to that song are pretty witty and a bit of departure for them. It's a pretty smart song, and I think it's underrated.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
My favorite is "Love Ya To Death". The lyrics are so violently funny. lol Probably Crazy Harry's favorite too. "I'm gonna explode an Atom Bomb, oh oh," lol It was in the 2nd pilot and it ended up on an episode as well.

Plus I love it when Floyd sang "Sunny" and Animal ruins it. lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Another one I liked was "Fugue For Frog (aka new Muppet Show theme that never was)" "Mup-Mup-Muppet SHOW!!!" (loud out of tune trumpets) lol

Kermit: See, I already love that part.
Floyd: Good 'cause you'll hate the rest.
lol

And for some reason, not really a Dr. Teeth song but this came to my mind since The Electric mayhem is also a part of the orgastra. The Ending Theme in the Loretty Lynn with Camila on Trumpet. lol I crack up like crazy every time I see that. lol Imagion someone clicked through the channels at the time and discovering the ending theme in that episode, just completely bad out of tuned trumpetts and mellody. lol I love those episodes where it's so messed up from the usual episode, then doing the whole show at a train station. lol

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Another one I liked was "Fugue For Frog (aka new Muppet Show theme that never was)" "Mup-Mup-Muppet SHOW!!!" (loud out of tune trumpets) lol
"Fugue For Frog" is some pretty out-there jazz sounding stuff. I guess deep down the Mayhem were a progressive rock band being dragged down the Muppet material, lol.

cjd874

Reaction score
I love Dr. Teeth & the Electric Mayhem! For me, my all time favorite tracks from them would be "Can You Picture That", "Little St. Nick", "Night Life", and "Rockin' Robin".

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.... I wish they would release a Greatest Hits album!!! :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:
All great songs! Yes, the Henson company should have released a Dr. Teeth/EM-only album...I think it would have sold very well. I believe they have enough material for two or three volumes of greatest hits.
Also, that Muppets poster in your avatar is the same poster that my elementary school music teacher had in her room. Thank you for taking me back to those happy times in my childhood.

Vincent L

Reaction score
But then, practically every Muppet should have an album.

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
Also, that Muppets poster in your avatar is the same poster that my elementary school music teacher had in her room. Thank you for taking me back to those happy times in my childhood.
That's awesome! The avatar isn't a poster it's actually a paper placemat that Hallmark released with it's 1978 Muppet Show Birthday party supplies. I bought a package of them on eBay years ago and paid a fortune for them. I had the Muppet Show centerpiece and several other things as a kid and had to buy all of them back. But yeah, it's one of my favorite pictures! It has all my favorite characters in it! :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Oh Yes Nightlife from Great Muppet Caper. How could I forget that. For the record, that's my favorite Dr. Teeth song and "Love Ya To Death" is probably my second. I want Disney to release Muppet Movies albums on iTunes so I can put it on my ipod. :smile: I love that song! That was Joe Raposo who written both of them right?

cjd874

Reaction score
Oh Yes Nightlife from Great Muppet Caper. How could I forget that. For the record, that's my favorite Dr. Teeth song and "Love Ya To Death" is probably my second. I want Disney to release Muppet Movies albums on iTunes so I can put it on my ipod. :smile: I love that song! That was Joe Raposo who written both of them right?
Correct. I never knew Joe wrote so many Muppet Show/movie songs. I am more familiar with his work on Sesame Street (e.g. Being Green, C is for Cookie, Somebody Come and Play, Sing, etc.).
Nightlife is a great song, but too short for me (only a minute & a half). I wish Jim & the crew recorded a longer version, like 3:00 or so.

I also just remembered the interlude from the song "Happiness Hotel," after Zoot explains why Animal is upset. (He missed the Rembrandt exhibit at the National Gallery! LOL) I know that this song may be a stretch, but the EM did "perform" it for Kermit. Plus, Janice, Zoot, Lips, & Animal all get solos...there aren't many things better than that.