The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Five? That's really weird. Was it warmer than normal in your area and people were dressed too warm? I know some churches can be stuffy places if they don't open the windows.

Hubert

Reaction score
No way, it was actually way colder than usual. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Presently, it appears I'm slightly more successful/popular on YouTube right now than Sid & Marty Krofft... not sure if that's a good thing, though... :smirk: :confused:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------
Okay, I don't expect anyone to believe this. But it's funny as heck.

Recently I have been talking with someone on Twitter whom I call Wolf, playing on his screenname (don't know his real name). I've been feeling connected to him in a way I haven't for years and years...no, not "first time it happens", more like weird clairsentience. I've had little experiences with that sort of thing throughout my life but thought I'd "turned it off" years ago. But I've been feeling like I knew what he was doing/feeling. Think of me as a lame, way-less-accurate Counselor Troi, lol. So last night I was discussing this with a friend who's had a LOT of weird things happen. That's nothing, she says, check this out:

She's had a certain, unknown-to-her piano tune playing in her head for days, she tells me. It's soft and quiet and pretty and it keeps repeating. A few nights ago, her friend in the house where she was staying wakes her up at 3am demanding to know if my friend was playing music, as she kept hearing soft piano music. Nothing at all was actually playing in the house. My friend asked, Did it sound like this? and tried to mimic the tune SHE was "hearing in her head" with her voice. Yes! That's the song!

Weirdness part two: she tells me all this, and I start laughing. I grab a cd of mine, pop it into the laptop and play a certain track for her via the phone. Is this your song? Yes! It was "Night" by George Winston, off his lp "December," one of my faves for this time of year -- which has been playing in MY head for days. Well, of course, hearing an unfamiliar song via phone through crappy computer speakers is not the ideal confirmation technique. Hold on, says I, I'll go find it online and see if there's a video, and txt you the link. So I type the artist and song into google and the first exact match (second on the list) turns out to be this:

Did I mention my Twittercrush's nickname is Wolf? LOL

Coincidences on a rope!
---------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Three things:

1. A really big, reddish orange moon, that looked really spooky, and really inappropriate for the transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas... it looked more like a Halloween moon.
2. At the Chinese restaurant tonight, and saw a guy who looked exactly like Dom DeLuise (when he was older and had facial hair).
3. THEN I saw a lady who looked a little like Tonya Harding (as of today).

Hubert

Reaction score
Just now my toolbar flashed with an alert, and then, before my eyes, the red box with the number in it went away. Then I looked at my alert box, and I hadn't even had an alert for the past 15 minutes.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Just now my toolbar flashed with an alert, and then, before my eyes, the red box with the number in it went away. Then I looked at my alert box, and I hadn't even had an alert for the past 15 minutes.
I think that was becuase of me, I think I liked your post, but then unliked it for some reason...:confused:

Hubert

Reaction score
I think that was becuase of me, I think I liked your post, but then unliked it for some reason...:confused:
Oh. Well that makes a bit of sense. :stick_out_tongue: I've always wondered what happened when you did that, as I do that a lot for various reasons (such as realizing that liking that post might be offensive to someone or that poster, or even doing it by accident :stick_out_tongue:).