Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Very cool! Looking forward to it, but mostly hoping for new extras, as I own and have seen it plenty, and the hi-defis only so much of a bonus for me. I know Jim Frawley's still alive, so it'd be great to get a commentary from him, but a great one (which I also sadly doubt will have been done) would be commentary with Steve, Dave, and/or Frank and any other performers who worked on it who are around.

As much as Disney is starting to get on the right track, they need to really consider the older fans, as we're the ones who've kept the interest in these characters alive while they worked to bring them to the new generation. I also saw Muppets Go Hollywood as a recommended bonus, and I don't think I've ever seen that, so that would be much appreciated, too. C'mon, Disney, give us something more to work with, here! We're still waiting on at least the final two seasons of TMS!

-Zach

Squigiman

Reaction score
Oh, also, it'd be great if the ending credits dialogue was audible. I know I've heard stuff on Muppet Central Radio that I was never familiar. Yes, as complete an edit as possible (with deleted scenes as bonuses, possibly integratable into the movie, if they exist, would be nice, too), please!

-Zach

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I got to buy myself a blu-ray player now. lol I've waiting way to long. I'm so buying this as soon as it comes out. Hope there will be tons of special features :smile: As well as one of my favorites, the test tape. :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
This is awesome.. I can't wait! Hopefully they'll do what they did with Muppet Christmas Carol and release a Blu-ray with a digital copy and NOT a DVD (I've already got two different DVDs... I don't need another one. I'd rather have a digital copy for my phone :stick_out_tongue: )

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
So much excite!! The greatest Muppet film!! :smile: :smile: :smile: It looks beautiful indeed. I've been waiting for this kind of deal to purchase the film, honestly, so it had better not disappoint.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I really hope we do get this before the summer, that should be enough time. Though, Disney has been putting trailers for a Who Framed Roger Rabbit Blu-ray on their discs since July and we still have no release date.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
This trailer is real. Muppet Mindset reported that this trailer was put on The Odd Life of Timothy Green DVDs/Blu-Rays.

Any news on what the bonus features are gonna be?

Status
Not open for further replies.