My own personal open rant

beaker

Reaction score
I've been doing webcomics online for over a decade. And yeah, when I spent hundreds of dollars on nice banner ads on other video game/webcomic/nerd sites, there was a lot of immediate results. Sometimes up to 12,000 unique ip visitors a day. But now I like the whole magic of "if you build it...". People have been slow to embrace tumblr, soundcloud, youtube, vimeo, etc. But for musicians, artists, etc it's wonderful. I started a new webcomic series last week for the heck of it after a long hiatus from that field, and already have people reblogging and commenting on it. The secret is if you're doing something youre inspired with and feel is a unique voice, people will find it.
Same with my songs. I created a new project and uploaded songs to tumblr, youtube and soundcloud and already have people wanting to remix, collaborate or spin my songs. I think it's ok to post plug stuff on forums you've been on a long time, but from my own experience(of trial and error) people generally roll their eyes at self promotion on forums.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, since you guys don't have too much of a problem with me doing some shameless self-promotion, why not give some consideration into a third presidential candidate:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bwahaha, if you guys can believe this, already Steve's been asked where he stands on the subject of abortion and gay marriage! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think those questions will have to be forwarded to his veep... that is, if she can speak for herself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, since today marks the beginning of early voting, I might as well remind folkses that if you don't like either Romney or Obama *cough*heralde*cough*, there's always Steve. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, since today marks the beginning of early voting, I might as well remind folkses that if you don't like either Romney or Obama *cough*heralde*cough*, there's always Steve. :wink:
Ha ha...

On the other hand, perhaps you have a point! Lol :wisdom:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------
What irks me are all the ballot checks for local judges. Keep? Retain? I don't know any a' these mooks! Have to dig up research just to figure out if they're decent judges or legally impaired... And the local initiatives are confusing, and seem poorly written. This state NEEDS a "none of the above" choice for this kinda thing.

---------------

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I've already gotten two things in the mail reminding me of how important my vote is and where I need to go...I guess they must know I'm an Independent voter. :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube has really given people a handicap right now with their new design, and I'm tankin' here because of it... so, forgive me, whilst I shamelessly plug the first in hopefully three (though, there might only be two, I don't know) new Christmas entries this year:

Then, of course, there's this here promotional shot:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Every time I go on YouTube, the format keeps changing, the weather is absolutely ridiculous. 53 degrees! Can it get any worse? If it's 60 degrees, I am gonna get upset. Also, I don't have any Muppet toys. (sighs) This year really had some bumps on all of us.