Conversation Participant Limit

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why is there a limit of only 6 people allowed in a conversation?

I get that you don't want a million people in one conversation as that would get crazy, but is there any way you could increase this limit?

I think it would help some of the spam on the forums and muffining (or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part)

But if would really help with people who run games. We have about 4 different conversations going about our CCC Roleplay and it's frustrating not being able to include everyone...

Misskermie

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. Because not only is CCC unable to include everyone, but others just can't talk with everyone. Or those who do conversation Role Plays.
It would be easier to increase the number of participants.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps you aren't aware of this feature, but there's an "Invite More" button/link you can click to then type the names of the people you want to tag in a conversation, expanding the total number of participants.

Misskermie

Reaction score
After six people, is says that no more people can be invited.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, then I guess the ability to invite more than that limit is a mod-only feature. Sorry I can't help with this, you'd have to talk to Phillip.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the information provided though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is there a limit of only 6 people allowed in a conversation?
Ideally how high would you like to see this number raised, would a limit of 10 participants make a significant difference for you?

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Thank you for bringing this up!:big_grin: Kinda lonely when you can only monologue.

Hubert

Reaction score
I'd also like to voice my support for this, for what it's worth. Adding a few extra spots would be ideal in many cases, like for games where members need a conversation to discuss the plot and whatnot, and for anytime multiple people are organizing something forum-related.