The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
No, it used to click like a button. That's the best way I can describe it. It's still attached, it's just doesn't do anything and didn't have the same pressure as it did when I first got it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That sounds more like a problem with the pen itself, not the nib...

Try taking the nib out and banging the end of the pen, not hard, against a table and see if any plastic bits fall out...it could be something jamming it...if you replace the nib in the pen and it still doesn't work, then you need a new pen, which are sadly pretty pricey :/

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
:sigh: I think you may be right. I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. I may need to get a new pen altogether. Just contacted my mum's friend about it. He knows more than I do.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Up until I finally saw what he looks like, all this time, I thought Steve Tyrell was black. :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Every time I see that pic from The Great Santa Claus Switch on the forum's MC Radio widget, I keep thinking I'm seeing Ernie's, because those elves look like Ernie.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
We got bottles of soda and I asked my dad if they were smaller than usual cause they looked smaller.

Turns out, he bought the normal 16.9 oz bottles and I'm just used to the 20 oz bottles they sell at school :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't be duped though, a LOT of things keep getting smaller and smaller... "they" say it's to "help keep the price down", or otherwise, the same as it was before when it was bigger.

They're still just screwing you over either way.

Hubert

Reaction score
Ugh, yes, everything is getting smaller. Ice cream containers, beverage containers, pretty much anything found in a container at a grocery store is getting smaller, yet same prices are still being charged, and half the time no one even notices the difference.

One store around here even started making their cakes a few inches smaller and is still charging the same for them.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
McDonald's insultingly small medium fries...everything at Sonic (their food is gross anyway)

Wendy's still seems like the only fast food place that hasn't shrunk anything...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd argue the sentiment about Sonic, but ehh, I'm not in the mood.

Non-fast food restaurants are even worse... it's all the same menus, for the most part, but the prices DO ever-so continuously... I can remember a time when a dinner for three was like maybe around $32 or so, but nowadays, it's rarely under $50.