The Making of My Rowlf Replica Puppet

vic

Reaction score
Wow. I am insanely jealou... uh, ENvious of you right now man! :big_grin: I hope someday to actually find the time to make my own Rowlf, he's the BEST! You are doing such an amazing job with yours, I can't wait to see the finished Dog, and hopefully see/hear you perform him? :wink:

I will add, and maybe it's just me, but his pupils look a tiny bit small and placed too high imo. Though I did read that they're just standing-in for the finals, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say anything. Of course, it's your preference if that's how you want them! :cool:

Cheers man, and like I said, I can't wait!
:smile:
Anthony
Hi Anthony!

That is awesome you think I am in the right track!!!
And yes I think you are absolutely right on the pupils, usually what I do is that I will cut them out of a very flat felt material and stick them with a sticky compound that can be moved and stuck again and again, so I will be definetly be doing lots of testing. I really really appreciate your constructive feedback man:wink: ps... Tell your little one, Rowlf says hi and potentially sending a shout out to him in a not so distant future on YouTube :wink:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, that would be so amazingly cool!!! :big_grin: My Boy is nearly 4 years old now, and he STILL loves his little Rowlf toy I made him. :flirt:

Fantastic idea about having his pupils adjustable!! On the ONE professional-ish puppet I built almost 10 years ago, I remember using double sided tape for his pupils, and it worked out great for getting his focus just right. :wink:

Cheers!

vic

Reaction score
Absolutely ma man! I will let you know when I am ready to do this, ( at the pace I am going it probably won't be till some time early to mid next year) but I am planning to do so, I will contact you when I am ready. Ps .. What is his name?

cjd874

Reaction score
Hi there, vic. I was redirected here from your other Muppet replica thread with Animal, Elmo, Rizzo, Gonzo, and Cookie Monster...this Rowlf puppet is STUNNING!!! If Jim Henson were still alive and saw this puppet, I'm sure he'd be proud. Heck, I bet he'd want to perform it! Great work so far, and I look forward to seeing the final product!

vic

Reaction score
Hi there, vic. I was redirected here from your other Muppet replica thread with Animal, Elmo, Rizzo, Gonzo, and Cookie Monster...this Rowlf puppet is STUNNING!!! If Jim Henson were still alive and saw this puppet, I'm sure he'd be proud. Heck, I bet he'd want to perform it! Great work so far, and I look forward to seeing the final product!
Hi cj!!! Man what can I say... You are too much, this has to be one of the most flattering comments I've ever gotten in my life :smile:!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!! and I am very very glad you like it so far :smile:

cjd874

Reaction score
Hi cj!!! Man what can I say... You are too much, this has to be one of the most flattering comments I've ever gotten in my life :smile:!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!! and I am very very glad you like it so far :smile:
Thank YOU, vic. This is some amazing work here! Thanks for sharing it with us.

scandell

Reaction score
He looks Fabulous. Did you say where you got that color fur? I can't find any that color...