Ricky Gervais in Talks to Star in 'Muppets' Sequel

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
My feelings about the possible casting aside, I do agree there rather be more muppets than humans in the movie and that the movie not revolve around any human like the first three movies didn't.

ncchuck

Reaction score
I hope not on this choice , sorry I didnt even like his simpsons episodes ,I hope this is a rumor imo .

cjd874

Reaction score
http://www.toughpigs.com/rumor-ricky-gervais/

I think he'd have great chemistry with the Muppets. He proves this with his scenes with Elmo, so why not have him clown around with Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Pepe, Animal, and the rest of the cast? I only wonder who the female lead will be.
*one condition: if RG stars in this movie and it goes to DVD, they MUST release a blooper reel showing some good scenes where RG explodes into high-pitched laughter. I can't get enough of it.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
YAAAAAAYYYYY!!

I hope he is in this movie! The castings for this movie just get better and better, huh?
I think R.G. is a hilarious guy, and I love Ty Burell.
Now all I need is an appearance by Nathan Lane. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I forgot all about Nathan Lane, what's he been up to lately? I haven't seen him in years.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
He actually hasn't been doing that much recently, besides playing a recurring-character in Modern Family, he hasn't really had a "big role". Mostly just small cameos and stuff.
I really love Nathan Lane, he's hilarious. He can make the lamest lines the most fun lines in a movie. He's very Muppety too.

cjd874

Reaction score
He actually hasn't been doing that much recently, besides playing a recurring-character in Modern Family, he hasn't really had a "big role". Mostly just small cameos and stuff.
I really love Nathan Lane, he's hilarious. He can make the lamest lines the most fun lines in a movie. He's very Muppety too.
Not to mention he has previous connections to Disney: he voiced Timon the meerkat in the Lion King! :smile:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Not to mention he has previous connections to Disney: he voiced Timon the meerkat in the Lion King! :smile:
Exactly. He's a perfect fit for any comedy movie. I was really hoping for a cameo by him in The Muppets, but Santa didn't grant my wish then.
He was really great in LTS too. Nathan Lane + Bobo the Bear = Pure Awesomeness.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i think NPH or cee lo would be great also i know this is going to make people mad but i would love to see wiz khalfia as a cameo.... let the hatred begin