Moderation Proposition

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
We have to do something about this. Until then, can I ask everyone to report andyf's (and any other spammers that you come across) posts? A few of us already have, but the more reports, the better.

*signs petition*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've reported a few of his posts that I've come across. What a troll.

I'm NOT, however, signing any petition (when was there a petition to begin with?), because petitions, in general, never work; but still, this thread alone should be proof that some thing needs to be done, for the good of the community.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
yeah...I'm not sure why people have suddenly thought this was a petition. it's not. It's just us expressing concern over the mod situation :confused:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I wasn't being serious about signing a petition. It's kind of just throwing in my support so it's sort of like signing a petition. I know there's not actually one to sign. I was being metaphorical.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Thats what I figured, but then everyone started saying that and I wasn't sure if people were clear with the point of this thread XD

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
Don't worry, the point of the thread is perfectly clear. I knew there wasn't really a petition, but as Bannanasketch said, it's sort of the same.

Lola p

Reaction score
I agree. We can't have 1 person running everything here...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
This is a very important topic. It must be a very difficult job for poor Ed. We do need more mods who have the time to patrol the boards regularly.

It's like having a crime filled neighbourhood where all the appointed police officers except one are called away most of the time.

Say come to think of it if spammers can get away with their posts once they reach a certain number then how about legitimate members who go bad and become troublesome? Just how exactly does the banning system operate on the new style forum anyway?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Say come to think of it if spammers can get away with their posts once they reach a certain number then how about legitimate members who go bad and become troublesome? Just how exactly does the banning system operate on the new style forum anyway?
From what Ed has said, only Phil can ban members. Ed can actually delete members within a certain time period after joining. Which makes absolutely no sense to me.

As it stands, there are two people here moderating the forum. Ed and Phil. Both people are extremely busy. So I don't see why we can't have another mod with the power to ban members at any given time due to poor behavior. With another mod Phil and Ed won't be bothered all the time, Phil won't be as bombarded with problems and concerns of users that he doesn't have time to deal with. it will ease the pressure off of both of them.