Your Thoughts: A Special Sesame Street Christmas DVD and CD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed on the back cover, there's an image from the end of the special, with the cast, extras, and some of the guests. But the image on the cover superimposes Michael Jackson and Anne Murray into the image. It's a bit odd, seeing all them singing as Michael Jackson appears to just be walking past them while reading a book.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I noticed on the back cover, there's an image from the end of the special, with the cast, extras, and some of the guests. But the image on the cover superimposes Michael Jackson and Anne Murray into the image. It's a bit odd, seeing all them singing as Michael Jackson appears to just be walking past them while reading a book.
You know, I never noticed that. :laugh: They were REALLY pushing the whole Michael Jackson thing, weren't they?

Drtooth

Reaction score

According to Tough Pigs, one of the "special features" is basically a static image of Oscar and MJ with a seizure inducing background with MJ's small bit of dialogue remixed to crappy techno music. If that's not milking the most of a celeb that was in there for 20 seconds, I don't know what was.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
According to Tough Pigs, one of the "special features" is basically a static image of Oscar and MJ with a seizure inducing background with MJ's small bit of dialogue remixed to crappy techno music. If that's not milking the most of a celeb that was in there for 20 seconds, I don't know what was.
Yeah. The cut-outs of MJ and Oscar jiggle around on the screen, too.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'm so glad this finally got released to DVD!!! Certainly never saw it coming, but my Walter Muppet fanatic side:fanatic: is quite happy for it! And I do enjoy "A Special Sesame Street Christmas", despite all the knocks it gets. It's fun, it's Sesame Street (albeit with a reduced cast), it has fun musical numbers and it's Christmas- and it's in the late '70s. I love it.:smile:

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Tommorow is Christmas, as well as a song that should never be played on Christmas.

Seriously, Muppet Central? You're paying royaltees to these people? :stick_out_tongue: