The world is still in one piece

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still think after a nukey holocaust, at best, someone far out of range gets cancer and dies slowly instead of mutates.

Of course, zombie apocalypse is completely different than the other scenarios these guys came up with.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Throughout the last few years I've gone back and fourth between being confidident that the world wouldn't end and being worried that I was wrong (especially when hearing more details regarding certain things). It's interesting, this prediction should have been known for thousands of years, yet I hadn't heard anything about it until the last few years. I first heard it mentioned briefly in the Jim Carrey movie The Number 23, released in 2007, and then about a year later I constantly heard people talk about it often. Why hadn't I heard about it, say, in high school? Was the Mayan calendar lost and then found a few years ago or something?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The whole fiasco of the Mayan Calendar apparently originated with another failed prophecy back in May 2003. Some woman claimed to have been told by alien beings that another planet was going to collide with the earth back then. When the prophecy didn't come true she said she had a new communication that it was going to happen in December 2012 instead and people tied it in with the ending of the Mayan Calendar.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well we can always wait and see what happens February 14th in the year 2016 ("Valentine's Day...bummer...") :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Last I heard, the world is now going to end in 2030.

I'm looking forward to the day where they predict the end of the world, but every body's so jaded from all these hoaxes that they don't believe it... then, the world actually does end.

But, the thing to remember is NOBODY is going to be able to predict the end of the world: God isn't even telling Jesus when the world is going to end, so He sure ain't tellin' US.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That's what I've been thinking..that would be funny in a movie. :laugh: I don't know about real life. :concern:

The Mayans probably feel really stupid now. :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I read some where a while back that at a parish in Mexico, or some South American nation, or some where, a priest kept getting a bunch of letters from little kids who were really upset about the world supposedly ending, saying they're too young to die, there's still so much to live for, they wanted be some thing when they grow up, etc, and the priest basically had to tell his congregation, "Look people, the world ISN'T going to end December 21, 2012, okay?"

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That's what I've been thinking..that would be funny in a movie. :laugh: I don't know about real life. :concern:

The Mayans probably feel really stupid now. :embarrassed:
Isn't that what the movie 2012 was about?

Meh...the Mayan calendar is just like our own. The end of the cycle was just that date. I mean, the world doesn't end every December 31, the time cycle just starts over.