Quick question on the mouth plates......

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Most builders use sheets of gasket rubber. Gasket rubber is used to make, well, gaskets. It's hard to find because almost nobody makes their own gaskets anymore. The exception seems to be Mexico...when I lived in Tampico they had a store downtown that sold nothing but gasket rubber!

The 6 inch squares are pretty common. You can find larger sheets too, but they tend to be expensive and they are priced according to weight. Your best bet for finding it is a smaller, independent hardware stores (as was mentioned above) or some high-end automotive shops.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. i'll have to whip together a qucik puppet and try out the gasket rubber.

Thnx again!

Now, are you folding this or connected 2 sheets? I'd assume connected 2 sheets, but its safer to ask

CoOKiE

Reaction score

Animal31

Reaction score
That's about the only part of the construction that I still do with hot glue -- though I have used contact cement a couple of times, and it is a lot better (especially if you ever have to remove the fleece for repairs). I just find it's easier to get a thin line of hot glue than to get the contact cement exactly where I want it.
Is the contact cement the stuff I had seen someone using on a youtube video where the cap had a brush attached to it to spread it?

Where would I find that?

Jeff Bragg

Reaction score
As an aside, I believe Cookie's mouthplate is made from basketball rubber.