Songs from Commercials

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's not "Arms of the Angel" by Sarah McLaughlin, is it?

robodog

Reaction score
Those ASPCA commercials with sad songs playing over images of abused animals are heartbreaking. They're also absolutely useless. People who care about animals and have the means already donate and people who don't care about animals won't be swayed by a sad song and a sad eyed puppy. These ads are only preaching to the choir.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, but couldn't you say the same about just about all adds, and a lot of other things for that matter?

robodog

Reaction score
Yeah, but couldn't you say the same about just about all adds, and a lot of other things for that matter?
Well I've seen food ads that have made me want the food and toy ads that made me want the toy. Those ASPCA ads are merely telling me something I already know. There are scumbags out there who abuse animals. I know this. I hate it. But being on a fixed income there's not much I can do donation wise.

dwmckim

Reaction score
When it comes to commercial songs, my all time fave would be the 80's Nestle's Alpine White ad.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
There was this one advertising jingle for Frosted Flakes I remember, but I can't seem to find it on the YouTubes. I wish I could... it used to run on PBS all the time.
"Hey Tony, I like the things you do..."
"You're the one and only tiger, with the one and only taste..."
Nevermind, I found it... thank god.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
There was this one advertising jingle for Frosted Flakes I remember, but I can't seem to find it on the YouTubes. I wish I could... it used to run on PBS all the time.
"Hey Tony, I like the things you do..."
"You're the one and only tiger, with the one and only taste..."
Nevermind, I found it... thank god.
Hey, I remember that jingle now! I remember hearing this on Kids WB and on Cartoon Network.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Every time a Walmart or a Rooms-To-Go commercial comes on, and starts playing "Suddenly I See" at the end, it drives me crazy, because it reminds of a rather "exciting" clip from Torchwood I'll probably never see again, because I think BBC removed every trace of it on the internet.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Can I say I thought it was disgusting that one commercial used the Beatles song "all you need is love?" They're singing about peace and love, and they use it to sell credit cards or something. Dang you, Michael jackson.
There was a Nike commercial that did something like that back in like the early 90' s. I remembered Paul getting really mad at that.