New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubert

Reaction score
I actually think I'd prefer The Muppets 2 if it came down to those two options. "The Muppets...Again!" is nice to look at, but kinda clunky when you say it, as you almost need the pause in there to make it sound authentic, yet then it's too long and drawn out.

DrDientes

Reaction score
Tina Fey, a new title... The news keep gettin' better and better. Edit: I don't think The Muppets... Again! or The Muppets 2 are going to be the official title. But for workin' title, I prefer TMA.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I like the Muppets Again, it's funny and would probably work as a name, let's say, for a TV special.
I can't see this working as a movie. I can just see it now.

"Hey, you wanna watch The Muppets....Again?"
"Nah, we just watched it last night."
*facepalm*

jvcarroll

Reaction score
"The Muppets...Again" is okay. I really don't know what the film is about or if that really will be the title, but there are many options for such a film:

The Muppets Great Escape, It's a Mad Muppet World, The Muppet Heist, The Muppets Big Score, The Muppets Take Britain, The Muppets British Adventure and so on.

If the movie has Muppets in it, I'll show up no matter what they call it!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hmm... this gets me thinking of other funny movie names.

Yet Another Muppet Movie
The 8th Movie Featuring The Muppets
Ok, Muppets, Are You Done Yet?
I was thinking the same thing. I was gonna write that in my post, They gotta promise to call the next movie Yet Another Muppet Movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2013/01/tina-fey-to-join-muppets-again.html

Stuff from the Mindset. I actually like "The Muppets...Again!" as a title.
That really seems to sum up the craziness of the Muppets. It's far superior to "Muppets 2" since... well... let's face it. That's as bad as Nintendo calling Super Mario World Super Mario Bros 4., calling Yoshi's Island Super Mario World 2, and calling Yoshi's Story Yoshi's Island 2. A much better title would be The Muppets 8. And that's just awkward a title.

"The Muppets...Again" is okay. I really don't know what the film is about or if that really will be the title, but there are many options for such a film:

The Muppets Great Escape, It's a Mad Muppet World, The Muppet Heist, The Muppets Big Score, The Muppets Take Britain, The Muppets British Adventure and so on.
A more specific title like that is much more classic Muppets, but then again, just "Muppets ...again" is far more clever than popping on some stock subtitle. Makes it stand out. But I wonder if it will work from a marketing standpoint. With stock subtitles, at least you know where they stand.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I like the Muppets Again, it's funny and would probably work as a name, let's say, for a TV special.
I can't see this working as a movie. I can just see it now.

"Hey, you wanna watch The Muppets....Again?"
"Nah, we just watched it last night."
*facepalm*
"No, not The Muppets again. The Muppets...Again."

When the last movie came out, it made it extremely confusing to talk about the Muppets (characters) and The Muppets (movie). This movie's title will definetley do the same.
I'm not a fan of just sticking the number 2 after a movie's title, so I'll really take anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.