STUPIDEST classic Sesame Street skit!

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
The G Giggle Animated sketch was actually used this past season in Season 34. Come to think of it there was a lot of great sketches used in just that one episode. Honker Duckie Dinger Jamborie, The Alaska episode when the little girl puts on her Wintergear to go outside, and the one where the boy sees the Alien in the spaceship looking for directions and he tells his father about it. :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

kitncaboodle

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
:rolleyes: Oy ... first there was this thread, now there's this one ...

:attitude:I ask you: how many threads do we need on such topics?

Well, I *would* add to that particular thread, but it seems to me that I'm a couple of years too late.

Anyway, the dumbest individual SS skit to memory is the one with the orange singing Carmen's "Habanera". What was the deal with that one? What was it trying to teach? This is an educational show, isn't it? Were they trying to expose kids to classic opera or something?

What's worse is that back when I was in the college orchestra, "Habanera" was one of the songs we did, and each and every time we rehearsed it, I kept thinking about that stupid orange.

Oh, and I don't like Elmo's World much either.

P

Philo and Gunge

4 words, "Milk Comes From Cows". This was in #1, I watched this at the MT&R and I ended up fast forwarding through many parts.

letterGman

Reaction score
I LOVED this bit! Whoever did the VO for that cartoon has a very memorable laugh...I can still hear it to this day... "AhahahahaHAAAAAAAhahahaha...AhahahahaHAAAAAAAhahahaha..."

Frazzle

Reaction score
mikealan said:
"This is the letter D!" as the large purple D rises up. Then it fades to all of the animals that start with D like donkey, deer, dolphins, ducks, doves, dalmations, dashshunds, dragons and dinosaurs. That part bothered me so much. I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD, BUT I THINK IT WAS REALLY STUPID BECAUSE IT NEVER SAID "DOGS!"!!!!!!
That's what I miss about the old SS. It isn't as educational as it used to be. We should be glad they mentioned the actual breeds of dogs, instead of dumbing it down with the 3 letter generalized term "dog"
:sympathy:

TashAndMe

Reaction score
I've seen the letter D skit on Unpaved. I also saw one on the letter T. I think that one was on 123 Sesame Street. I didn't think they were so terrible. SS has probably showed sketches that are much worse than those. Just my two cents.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
a lot of things on SS were both stupid and funny at the same time. how how often does that happen anywhere else. 1 that i thought that was really dumb was Patti Labelle singing about her X and it's returned and is sitting in the audience.