Video: Favorite Kevin Clash Muppet Moments

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I know this conversation should probably be reserved for the Toonzone Forums, but I just thought I'd mention that. Lol.
Cool, I'm on Toonzone as well. lol

By the way, does anyone know that Kevin did do the voice of Animal in the Sandra Bullock episode of Muppets Tonight when he says "sorry"? His Sam the Eagle for It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie wasn't that bad either. Though it was strange that he took over Waldorf in the first few episodes of Muppets Tonight episodes though.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Cool, I'm on Toonzone as well. lol

By the way, does anyone know that Kevin did do the voice of Animal in the Sandra Bullock episode of Muppets Tonight when he says "sorry"? His Sam the Eagle for It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie wasn't that bad either. Though it was strange that he took over Waldorf in the first few episodes of Muppets Tonight episodes though.
Yeah. I've heard about that. I know back then Frank's availability was limited and I guess they didn't want to get him involved for just one line. I know he also at least did the puppetry for Frank's characters on the Andie McDowell episode.

I didn't know that Kevin originally performed :sleep: on the show though. I wonder if that had to do with Dave Goelz's availability. I think he still performed Gonzo and Bunsen though. Maybe they were just considering passing him around at the time, but that's just a theory.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah. I've heard about that. I know back then Frank's availability was limited and I guess they didn't want to get him involved for just one line. I know he also at least did the puppetry for Frank's characters on the Andie McDowell episode.

I didn't know that Kevin originally performed :sleep: on the show though. I wonder if that had to do with Dave Goelz's availability. I think he still performed Gonzo and Bunsen though. Maybe they were just considering passing him around at the time, but that's just a theory.
When was Miss Piggy on the Andie McDowell episode? I love that episode, my favorite part of the episode was Johnny Fiamma singing a parody version of Pretty Woman "Pretty Bunsen" when Dr. Bunsen Honeydew was changing his image and beating up Sal. lol First time they ever did a hand and rod version of him, very cool. lol
Kevin was Clifford on all the episodes so I'm sure he was available for all of them well except for the final episode which was the clip show hosted by Gonzo and Rizzo. And for Dave Golez, I think he was available for most episodes. He did some new characters like Bill the Bubble Guy, Him and Steve were Andy and Randy, Steve performed also Mr. Noodlepants. So the main Muppeteers had lots of new characters to perform. As for Jerry Nelson, he didn't really perform a lot of his Muppet Show characters, the only main one he performed was Statler. He did Dr. Strangepork in one Pigwatch sketch and Lew Zeland made a cameo in one episode getting his bag of popcorn.

I think the complaint I've heard in terms of not a lot of Muppet fans liked about Muppets Tonight was how there was more spotlight for the newer characters then the classic characters. Personally I loved Muppets Tonight. It played a big role in my childhood, I've seen all of them and when I found out there was a bunch of UK spots that didn't air in the US versions, I was so surprised there was still some Muppets Tonight I haven't seen yet. lol

I'm not sure if I mentioned this yet but I was shocked to see Clifford without his glasses and I remember, I think Kevin said in the Tough Pigs interview how he didn't like Clifford without his glasses. I can totally see how Clifford's personality changed from a groovy laid back jazzy musician to a panicy host who finally see's how rough Kermit's job really is. I remember there was a story in which Jim told Kevin shortly after The Jim Henson Hour ended that the next Muppet series, he wanted Clifford to host.

A couple of my favorite Clifford Muppets Tonight moments was when a piano fell on him.
Kermit: Clifford, it was in the script.
Clifford (feeling a bit dizzy): Nobody told me there was a script.
(Clifford falls on the floor)

I think I already mentioned the Sandra Bullock cold opening with him and Andy & Randy.

The oppisite subtract musical number was good

Though probably one of my top favorite moments, esspecially one of my favorite moments on Muppets Tonight was Clifford and Coolio singing "Don't Forget My Number" By Milli Vanilli on Star Search, well lip synching anyways. And the record was jumping
Ed McMahon: Hey, you guys lip synching?
Clifford: Don't make me come over there and smack you Ed.
lol

Though if that was a piece of Clifford's struggling career before The Muppets then Clifford already said his other humble beginnings on Arsenio Hall.
"I was a sponge man, what do you think?" "Either I became a Muppet or join Milli Vanilli". I wonder if this joke inspired the gag 6 or 7 years later for Muppets Tonight.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
When was Miss Piggy on the Andie McDowell episode?
Well, I haven't seen that episode, but that's what I heard. I think there was a "Pigs in Space" in that one.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Kevin would perform Miss Piggy in the Pigs in Space: The Next Generation sketches because Kevin is busy performing that brain pig guy. The character with a brain for a head.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
This was just on my mind. Kevin performs this character who's reading Treasure Island and just upstages Fran Brill's character at the end. lol Plus I think he's related to Roosevelt Franklin. Perhaps his not so hip cousin. lol