Ted Sequel Announced, Wahlberg CoHosting 2013 Oscars with Seth Mcfarlane

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now I feel like breaking out into song...

HEY A MOVIE!
(Oh, I can't believe they did it)
STARRING EVERYBODY
(Everybody,
Everybody,
Everybody,
Everybody,
Everybody)
EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD...
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!
Mee-mee!
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!
And me!

And me, ahhhh!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I didn't know this! I was cast in TED but I was too ill to make it to set. They understood, which was very nice kind.
Wow! That's really cool! I live in New England and had no idea it was filmed so locally, so I was surprised when I saw that some scenes were shot in Boston.

buttons

Reaction score
Wow! That's really cool! I live in New England and had no idea it was filmed so locally, so I was surprised when I saw that some scenes were shot in Boston.
Yeah! They've been doing so many films in Boston. I was in Here Comes The Boom and That's My Boy.

If you check out Boston Casting and Sande Alessi Casting on boston you can find out about calls and whatnot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a lot to Ted that strongly suggests that it was conceived as a weekly sitcom. But like those gimmicky 1980's sitcoms (like the one with the robot girl) the joke would have worn out fast. Seth did right in making it a film and saying all that could be said with the project, instead of dragging it out as another TV series. I don't know how a sequel will effect (or is it affect?) that. Hangover 2, like I always say, was supposed to be a satire of the fact that they couldn't logically make a second one without just remaking the first one with a bigger budget. That's what the second film was, and sadly, that's what most second films are. Hopefully Seth will avoid that.

buttons

Reaction score
Yeah! They've been doing so many films in Boston. I was in Here Comes The Boom and That's My Boy.

If you check out Boston Casting and Sande Alessi Casting on boston you can find out about calls and whatnot.
woah, I mean sande alessi casting boston on facebook, haha.

Teheheman

Reaction score
There's a lot to Ted that strongly suggests that it was conceived as a weekly sitcom. But like those gimmicky 1980's sitcoms (like the one with the robot girl) the joke would have worn out fast. Seth did right in making it a film and saying all that could be said with the project, instead of dragging it out as another TV series. I don't know how a sequel will effect (or is it affect?) that. Hangover 2, like I always say, was supposed to be a satire of the fact that they couldn't logically make a second one without just remaking the first one with a bigger budget. That's what the second film was, and sadly, that's what most second films are. Hopefully Seth will avoid that.
The thing about making it into a TV show would be the fact that Seth MacFarlane has 3 other shows on the air that require his attention(Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show(although Cleveland Show is more Mike Henry, who plays Cleveland, than Seth, he MUST have a hand in it SOMEHOW)) to turn his attention to make another show would either be stretching himself thin, or make his other shows suffer. Oh, and btw, I think it could be either, but I wanna say affect. It would be an interesting idea to make one with their kid BUT that's the only way you can make another one. Like I said, they pretty much closed the door on making a sequel.

Daniel

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Oh great. I can't stand this hack.
Come on, now. Be fair. Seth MacFarlane has paid his dues in entertainment since 1995. He started as a storyboard artist and writer for great shows like Johnny Bravo, Dexter’s Laboratory and Cow & Chicken and currently has three of his own original shows on television. Family Guy is now on its 11th season. That's a huge feat, especially on Fox! Some would say these shows are watered-down facsimiles of what they once were. In all honesty, so were the last few seasons of the Cosby Show. MacFarlane's first full length film as a director cost $50 million and grossed over $508 million worldwide! You may not like him and I completely respect that. Call him vulgar. Say you don’t think he’s funny. That said, Seth MacFarlane is no hack by any measure. He’s a hard working guy with a lot of talent. Most entertainers of his stature would have cashed in and retired by now. I have a feeling that he’s just getting started. It will be interesting to see how his live action sitcom with fare with his fans. Sorry, just had to say it. Again, I respect a difference of opinion. Hack is just such a strong term that should be reserved for the worst of the worst.