Cereal Puppet

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Woah! That's an amazing puppet! I'm really impressed at how much the cereal actually looks like cereal. It really doesn't look like fleece. Looks like cereal! Excellent work!

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Thank you very much, guys!

No plans for a spoon. This was a project for a client, so I went based on their needs. No spoon required. Which is good, because it's the size of a large serving bowl, and I really didn't want to make a spoon. :wink:

Terrence Burke

Reaction score
The secret is in the foam :wink:
My show is very inspired by all the hours of TeeVee that I forced upon myself in the 60's & 70's. I start each show with a message from our sponsor "Super Sugar Crunchy Things" breakfast cereal. It always gets laughs from the "big kids".
Keep rockin' the puppets!

kumakami

Reaction score
truly and inspiring thing to see. Love the puppet.

LoLa

Reaction score
Excellent job! So impressive.

Side note: If you ever have problems with glue strings hanging off of your project, you can always hit it with a hair dryer, and they come right off! :smile:

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Thanks Lola! Sometimes I use a heat gun (depending on the type of fabric I'm working with), but because of the sheer number of glue strings I was dealing with, instead of melting the glue back into the fabric, making the strings "disappear", they were puddling, causing it to look like droplets of water on the cereal. Can't have wet cereal, so I had to stick with old-fashioned hand-yoinking. Something a quick once-over with the lint roller will take care of. :smile: Things I think of 5 minutes after I take down the light box... "Oh, I forgot to roll it!" ah well! Next puppet!