Should Ernie be recast?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Daffy, but now with them filming the new Muppet movie, won't Eric's schedule be tied up as well? Though I'm sure they filmed plenty of material this past season for awhile. After the whole Kevin Clash debacle recently, they said they had plenty of material with him as Elmo until they decide what the next step is there. Plus, I'm sure Sesame's filming schedule probably picks up again after the filming of the Muppet film, so scheduling conflicts may not be an issue.
Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I think you're right. After all, even when Henson was alive, scenes with Ernie will still limited to inserts because Henson was doing more work with the non-SS Muppets, so this whole concept is nothing new. Now I'm sort of starting to agree that Steve should probably do Ernie as long as he is able. No offense to John or Artie or anyone else of course.

John is completely available. He isn't doing things on Broadway right now. He preformed a new Muppet named Brandies
Yeah. I forgot that John was Brandies. Also, I was kind of thinking he may be next in line to perform Elmo since I know that he has assisted with his puppeteering. I think that's the case. Again, feel free to correct me with I'm wrong on this.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, you shouldn't have been attacked for that. You're entitled to your opinion, so if I said anything to you about that, I apologize.
Just to clarify, no I wasn't singling you out there at all. :smile:

Anyway, it's in the past now, lol. :stick_out_tongue:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think the main issue right now is what Drtooth said earlier; the format barely allows for anything else in the show. There's too much emphasis on the celebrity/spoof segments and not enough time for regular Muppet material (of the 13 episodes in the new season thus far, only 5 have used the pre-Elmo-random-insert section to use a non-spoof/celebrity bit). I mean, instead of running "The Voice" a second time for no reason, how about something still recent that hasn't been re-run in awhile (like the Waiter Grover/Rhyming Day bit). The only character other than Abby, Murray or Elmo that seems to get plenty of material is Grover, who's been in 12 of the 13 episodes aired thus far from seasosn 43.

I understand the need to have more parental-hooking material, but parents can also be entertained by funny sketches, which they plenty of non-pop-cultural (like the Coffee Plant one; it's a Starbucks spoof, sure, but the focus is on Grover and Mr. Johnson and not the spoof element).

Really, the only complaint here is that there's no new E&B sketches. Sure, recasting Grover and Cookie did wonders for their usage, but they have plenty of material that they haven't aired yet; believe me, some of it's good and hopefully will appear on the show this season (the Monstruos Supersanos stuff is in widescreen, so there's no problem there).

Drtooth

Reaction score
That really nailed it, and there's nothing more I can add except repeating the parodies on a show that is constantly in repeats.. wouldn't that tend to drive away more adult appeal than using an older skit/unaired skits they're sitting on? What the heck ever happened to the Sparta Cheerleaders parody there's a picture of somewhere? And how come they're so iffy about the widescreen presentation, but they still manage to use "Kids paint teen number Mural" every season. And don't give me "they haven't shown one yet," because it's obvious they will.

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't also a matter of being short handed after those layoffs years ago, and some of the jobs they cut were packaging the shows together. Sometimes the episode segment pairings are a little sloppy.

Muppetgirl1

Reaction score
I think Ernie and Bert should stick together no matter what are they thinking!? letting Ernie go are they CRAZY Ernie has been around since the begin of the show I love Ernie and Rubber Duckie :concern::crazy::frown::confused::eek::mad::grr:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think Ernie and Bert should stick together no matter what are they thinking!? letting Ernie go are they CRAZY Ernie has been around since the begin of the show I love Ernie and Rubber Duckie :concern::crazy::frown::confused::eek::mad::grr:
I don't understand.