Muppets sequel plot and promotional photo in Entertainment Weekly

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what thread to post this in (can we please just make one?), but EW has an exclusive first look, with this picture:

And Kermit spills the plot:

“The idea of this film is that our gang is on this global tour, and we’re selling out these grand theaters all over Europe—in Berlin, Madrid, London—but we sort of get into a little bit of trouble when we run across my doppleganger. He’s the world’s number one criminal, Constantine, and he happens to look an awful lot like me”

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jeez. Kermit sure has a lot of doppelgangers... Constantine is now added to the list of Kismet the Toad and Kermoot.

And if anyone wants to count the various other Kermits that wanted T-Shirts.

Pretty decent, albeit cliche, plot line. I like that they're a touring show. But hopefully too much of this movie won't be showing the show itself.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I love Sweetums coming out of the phone booth! And looks like Foo Foo is back. Glad to see some stuff being leaked from the movie.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Pretty decent, albeit cliche, plot line. I like that they're a touring show. But hopefully too much of this movie won't be showing the show itself.
I think any "show" footage will be mostly at the beginning.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Interesting...my first reaction to reading this was "meh"

Could be worse plots, but could probably be better plots too

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I actually really like this plot. Overdone, yes, but the fact that the focus seems to be on the Muppets this time for sure (note no Jason Segel in the picture like the last time we got a big group publicity photo) and is a very Kermit-centric plot makes me happy.

Stacey Riley

Reaction score
Loving the picture! I especially love Piggy's outfit and the return of Foo Foo! Hoping there will be more Rizzo in this movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually really like this plot. Overdone, yes, but the fact that the focus seems to be on the Muppets this time for sure
Something tells me there's going to be a LOT of Lampshade Hanging on the evil twin plot. That's going to be worth looking forward to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Interesting.

"Evil twins" or "Criminal Doppelgangers" have been frequently used tropes in fiction, but will it work well within a Muppet universe? Knowing them, I'm sure they'll probably find some clever way to put a twist on it to mix things up a bit.

I think my only quibble with the plot is the idea that the Muppets have become so big and so successful that they're playing shows all over the world now... that seems to be overdoing it just a little. Going into Canada is one thing, but going all over the world... well, at least we know WHY they're traveling across the world, I just kind of wish they came up with a different reason for it.

Also, looking at the new promo photo, are we to assume that Rizzo is still being reduced to an extra? I'm pretty sure I know WHY they're doing this right now (still sworn to secrecy on that), but I kind of miss the bantering between him and Gonzo that I grew up with.