no one cares...and it's sad..

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i go to the university of houston, and it's located in one of the poorest parts of houston. the school is nice, but once you get outside the campus, there is so much poverty. homless people lined up on all parts of the streets, buildings boarded up with missing boards where homeless people probably live, fields with old cars and grass up to the knees, women with 3, 4, 5, or more children walking around, gangs everywhere, drug dealers everywhere. people who beat other people up and rape them. and this is how people live?

it's like all politicians forgot about south houston and gave up on the people who live there. it's so bad that even the poor people who die are still going to be poor in the afterlife. that's how bad it is. this is sad. something needs to be done. people can't live like this and call it home. i'm getting tired of seeing this stuff everytime i go to school.

ryan

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Well, I might suggest socialized medicine for a start, but that might make me a Communist around here :rolleyes:

Sarcasm: 1
(message comprised of one sentence)

tomahawk

Reaction score
Or it could be that Governor Bush:crazy: , Wants to spend billions of dollars freeing the Iraqis:wink: , to create some smoke and mirrors effect to make all of us forget the domestic issues.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Tomahawk: Thanks for using the special emoticons, but Muppety in-jokes like that may get you turfed around here :wink:

The crazy thing is, I didn't even ask you to use them :smirk:

But no one will believe me anymore :big_grin:

Sarcasm: 1 (all about smilies)

tomahawk

Reaction score
No, thank you Sid. Just happy to know there are more people out there that are standing up for the truth.
THINK FOR YOURSELF
QUESTION AUTHORITY

DriedDragonFly

Reaction score
Do something about it

Be an activist. Do something controversial to raise awareness. Volunteer at soup kitchens, get to know the homeless. Bring the knowlege back with you and let others know. Just think, you can come up with something.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah, and since you are at a university, there are bound to be other people who will help...you probably just have to ask!

Sarah

DirthNader

Reaction score
Re: Do something about it

Originally posted by DriedDragonFly
Be an activist. Do something controversial to raise awareness. Volunteer at soup kitchens, get to know the homeless. Bring the knowlege back with you and let others know. Just think, you can come up with something.
Ditto. If you see a problem and are affected by it, very likely others are, too. You go to a university, a veritable breeding ground for activism:big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
you all are right....i need to do something about it...hey maybe this can be the breakthrough on a whole new world for me. i can start going in politics...that'll be the day...

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
RUN I TELL YOU RUN!!!! AHHH A POLITICIAN!!!

ok maybe it's not that bad...but yes i say do something!

Sarah