My Fozzie Replica (First Attempt)

muppetperson

Reaction score
Excellent. So cool. I may have some nose dimensions questions too. I already know even my second attempt nose is too short top to bottom. Although I think yours is a Muppets Take Manhattan era Fozzie and not "the muppet movie" era fozzie that I am going for. Either way the eyes were the same. Hair length and nose were quite different though.
the tag says Muppet Movie 11(2) so I guess he is inbetween.

scandell

Reaction score
Peter.
Thanks again.
When you gave me your measurements...did you measure only the white of the eye? Or did you include the purple eyelid? I got my eyes back from the 3D printer. They seem very bulgy.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Peter.
Thanks again.
When you gave me your measurements...did you measure only the white of the eye? Or did you include the purple eyelid? I got my eyes back from the 3D printer. They seem very bulgy.
I included the whole eye.I have seen your finished shell and they look perfect.Can I hold you to sending me a pair?

WhoBuddieZ

Reaction score
From what I can see in the photo…it looks like there's a good inch of loose fabric in the back of the mouth….and I find it interesting that the tongue touches the brown fur at the edge of the mouth. I wonder…could muppetperson trace the mouth plates and tongue on some paper and either post it, or pm somebody…? The actual tracings would really help get the dimensions correct…what do you think, scandell?

scandell

Reaction score
I will be posting pics of my finished fozzie 2.0 pics soon enough. :smile: We should discuss what looks wrong then.

WhoBuddieZ

Reaction score
I wasn't saying what was wrong with yours…I was commenting on the replica that muppetperson has…I never noticed before that Fozzie's tongue touched the fur in front… I apologize if you thought I was pointing out problems with your Fozzie.

scandell

Reaction score
Oh! I know! I didn't think you we're saying that. I just meant we should analyze my second attempt that is using the dimensions Peter told me. I don't think the tongue touching his front furry lip is standard.

muppetperson

Reaction score
From what I can see in the photo…it looks like there's a good inch of loose fabric in the back of the mouth….and I find it interesting that the tongue touches the brown fur at the edge of the mouth. I wonder…could muppetperson trace the mouth plates and tongue on some paper and either post it, or pm somebody…? The actual tracings would really help get the dimensions correct…what do you think, scandell?
Interesting about the tongue observation.I was always using his off centre eyebrows to pick him out of photos, but I have now observed that there was two Fozzies like that, and that the other has a shorter tongue.So I can now start excluding Fozzies that I thought was mine, although I definately know it was my Fozzie on the cover of Muppet Magazine with the Fonz.
There is no loose fabric in the back of his mouth.
Here is a crude mouth plate:frown:note that the area is only the red visable area)