muppetwriter

Reaction score
After two months, I'm finally back with a new chapter! Enjoy! :smile:
------------------------------

Chapter Seven: Family Roots
Tuesday
November 22nd, 2011
5:19 PM
With Angela’s current situation, the team was forced to regroup, deciding to arrive just a day before Joie did to figure out what was going on. They went to the pizzeria that had replaced Pete’s Luncheonette in 2011 and sat at a booth to determine why Angela was regressing in age. McFly ordered them a pizza, mainly because he, Phineas, and Ferb were hungry. Food was evidently the last thing on Angela’s mind as she was too focused on the image of the 29-year-old woman looking back at her from the napkin dispenser.

Looking at her, Sean commented, “It was heavy enough that you de-aged yourself after that trip to 2035, Doc. Now you’re practically behind your prime.”

“This is a side effect of the paradoxes Joie has created across the universe, Sean.” Angela explained. “It’s hitting me the hardest because I’ve traveled through time more than you boys and even Tannen have.”

“Do you know how young you’ll get, Doctor Brown?” Phineas asked.

“Well, judging from how I bounced from thirty-six to twenty-nine over such a short period, I could very well revert to Sean’s age in less than a few hours. A few hours more, then I’ll be close to you and your brother’s age. After that…well…I just hope there’s a good place to put a zygote in before it dissolves and becomes goo.”

Her depiction of her strange fate could not have come at a worse time for Sean, who saw the pizza he ordered arrive at the conclusion of Angela’s hypothesis. “Suddenly, I don’t feel so hungry anymore,” he said while Phineas and Ferb gathered their slices.

Angela’s lightly touched McFly’s arm with a sense of comfort. “I’ll be alright. All we need to do is find out where Joie was able to get that paradox-permitting device. She clearly doesn’t have the smarts to make it herself, so she had to get some help.”

Phineas considered Angela’s plan of action and made a suggestion: “Hey, Ferb and I know someone who might be able to help us. He actually lives near Hill Valley and has an expertise in time travel. His name is Donald Davenport.”

“Good deal, Phineas.” Sean said. “Can you call and let him know that we need his help in our problem?”

“Certainly,” acknowledged Phineas, before he pulled a cell phone out of his pocket. “Good thing I’ve got him on speed dial. We collaborate a lot on inventions he uses for his company.”

As Phineas commenced in contacting Donald Davenport, Sean suddenly heard the voice of an angry man shout from behind the counter, “Hey, McFly!” Instinctively, he looked in the direction of the front counter and saw the diner owner – a burly, bearded black man with a stained apron and baseball cap with the name of the pizzeria stitched on it – pointing a spatula his way and yelling, “I thought I told you never to come in late again! You don’t think I’d notice you sittin’ on your butt over there and playin’ Angry Birds!” Sean knew that he didn’t even work at the pizzeria any more than he knew what “Angry Birds” was. The pizzeria owner clearly had the wrong person named McFly. “I’ve got an order you need to deliver now or your butt is fired!”

Sean was ready to tell the pizzeria owner off for talking to him like he actually worked there, but a voice spoke out directly behind him and told the owner, “I’m so sorry, Mister Johnson. It won’t happen again.”

The voice belonged to a girl who walked past Sean’s booth, giving him a full view of her. She was a few years younger than Sean and a Caucasian brunette. At the time Sean caught sight of her, she was wearing white Nike shoes (same brand he wore), a black t-shirt with the pizzeria name labeled on the front, and blue jeans-shorts. The girl, who also bore the last name of “McFly,” nervously walked to the front counter to pick up the seven boxes of pizza that she had to carry out through the front door.

Realizing ahead of time how much trouble the girl would have in getting the door open with the heavy load of pizzas in hand, Sean got up from the booth and rushed over to open the door for her. The girl smiled as she walked out. “Thanks,” she told him. “Now the real trick is getting these in my truck.”

Sean looked outside towards the parking lot of the pizzeria to see a black Toyota Hilux 4x4 parked right beside the DeLorean. The mild condition of the vehicle had shown that it was passed down from owner to owner until it landed in the pizza delivery girl’s possession. “I own a 4x4 just like that one,” Sean said.

The girl chuckled. “Yours is probably in better condition than mine. My father gave me this one. It’s only temporary, of course, until I earn enough money delivering pizzas to get a new one.”

Sean blinked rapidly in surprise upon the coincidences that shrouded the girl – last name of “McFly” and inheriting a Toyota from her father that was the same model as his back in 1996. “Um…I hope this doesn’t come off as a weird question, but…w-who is your father?”

“Sean McFly.” The girl answered. “Why? Do you know him?”

Sean felt his body go numb from the sudden discovery that this pizza delivery girl was in actuality his daughter from the future. He could barely answer her question as he said, “Y-Yeah…H-He’s a friend…of mine.”

His awkward response prompted the girl to look at him for the first time in their exchange, and she then began to recognize him. “You look seriously familiar.”

“Well, I…”

“Sean!”

He turned around to find Angela, Phineas, and Ferb quickly exiting the pizzeria and making their way to the DeLorean. “Davenport says that if we want to meet with him, it’s got to be tonight, because he’s leaving for an important business trip tomorrow,” Angela hurriedly told him. “We’ve got to go now.”

Sean looked to his future daughter, whose eyes impulsively registered shock. It seemed as if Angela calling out his name ultimately clued his daughter in on who he really was. Forced to choose between explaining to his future daughter how a younger version of her father was in 2011 and going with Angela, Phineas, and Ferb to save all time and space, Sean obviously had to pick the latter. The space-time continuum was already in jeopardy as it was, and he couldn’t risk jeopardizing it any further by conversing with his daughter.

However, before he left his daughter’s side, he managed to ask her one quick question: “What’s your name?”

The girl had to compose herself long enough to answer. “T-Teressa.”

He nodded in approval of the name before rushing to the DeLorean and getting inside. Teressa McFly watched her young father leave in the strangely modified DeLorean, feeling more than compelled to follow after them. She took both herself and the seven boxes of pizzas she was carrying into the old Toyota and pursued the DeLorean.

END OF CHAPTER SEVEN

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Eight: Right Place, Wrong Time
Davenport closely analyzed the prism detached from Angela Brown’s DeLorean Time Machine inside his lab with Angela, Sean, Phineas, and Ferb looking on. In addition to the four houseguests, Davenport’s children – Leo, Adam, Chase, and Bree – joined in on the investigation of the mysterious device. He used every computer within the extremely high-tech laboratory to calibrate on the origins of the prism, even going as far as having Eddy give an analysis (which was easier said than done). After all the hard work, Davenport was finally able to come to a conclusion…

“I have no idea where this tech came from.”

There was a collective moan from Angela and the others. “You mean to tell me that you’ve got nothing? I risked valuable time I have with my de-aging problem to come see you, only to reach a dead end?”

“Well, I do have a theory about your ‘de-aging problem,’ Doctor Brown.” Davenport said. “It’s possible the more you move forward from one space to another, the younger you become.”

McFly tried to get a jest of what Davenport was saying. “You mean that Doc gets younger just from walking.”

“Walking, driving, flying…it can be a number of related movements that result in the rapidness of the aging process.” Davenport elaborated.

Angela nodded in acceptance of the theory. “The functions of the time machine are based on velocity. Because of the paradoxes, this is my body’s way of responding to the time travel.” She spotted her reflection on the panel of one of Davenport’s computers, noticing how she appeared a few months younger than she was back in town. “I don’t know if I can even risk going through time again, if it means speeding up the process.”

Davenport boastfully smiled. “Well, it’s lucky for you that I’ve got this.” He reached into his pocket to retrieve a metal bracelet. “I invented this just last week when I considered the possibility of Bree having a situation like yours with her super speed.”

“Hold up. I’m going to start getting younger, too? I don’t want to go back to baby bottles and diapers!” Bree fearfully exclaimed.

Adam chuckled. “C’mon, Bree. Not having to worry about going to the bathroom and drinking milk all day isn’t all bad. It’s what I do every day.” His statement wasn’t very reassuring for his little sister, who became disturbed and disgusted in addition to being horrified.

“Nobody’s going to be in diapers or drinking baby bottles.” Davenport then looked to Adam and added, “At least not until one of us considers more training.” He placed the bracelet over Angela’s left wrist. “This should slow down the de-aging process until you find a way to eradicate these paradoxes.”

Angela worryingly took notice of one word Davenport uttered and elaborated on it with a hint of sarcasm. “It should slow it down?”

Davenport quickly corrected his statement. “It will delay your chances of becoming younger on your next trip through time. But I would recommend getting to the bottom of this situation as soon as possible before we all end up in some sort of doomed state.”

Angela scoffed over Davenport’s suggestion. “What’s the point? We don’t even know where this prism came from. By the time we figure it out, Joie will already have traveled back to 1996 and have been erased from existence, leaving us right back where we started!”

While Angela voiced her complaints, Leo grabbed the prism off Davenport’s desk and glanced over it until he discovered some small inscriptions in one spot on the prism. Upon making this discovery, he looked to the group and asked, “Um, I think I might’ve figured out where this thing came from.”

“Leo, we went over every possible point of origin and none of them match with the device.” Chase stated. “How could you have possibly figured out where the prism came from?”

Leo responded to Chase’s judgmental remark with a hint of sarcasm. “Oh, I dunno. Maybe ‘cause it’s the fact that it says ‘Property of Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated’ on here.”

The others, especially Davenport, were caught by surprise of this sudden revelation. Davenport took the prism out of Leo’s hands and saw the inscriptions for the first time since he analyzed the device. He grew frustrated, not with himself for missing it, but with another member of their party whose trust he heavily placed on the analysis. “Eddy! How could you have missed this?”

Eddy’s animated face digitized upon one of the large flat-screens in the lab, practically smirking at the group. “Oh, come on! You actually think that is a real place? It’s got ‘phony’ written all over it!”

“Eddy, are you glitchin’, dude? It clearly says ‘Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated,’ not ‘phony.’” Adam densely indicated.

“I rest my case.” Eddy remarked.

“Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated is an actual place in New York City. I know because the building is oddly shaped like my head,” Ferb informed.

Accepting Ferb’s evidence, Davenport turned to his smart-home system and said, “Ya see, Eddy? Always consider every possibility, no matter how ridiculous it might sound.”

“Well, I guess I should’ve warned you about the strange group of men out in front of your house, too, shouldn’t’ve I?”

Davenport and the others grew very concerned. “What strange group of men?”

Eddy’s face disappeared from the screen and replaced itself with the image that Eddy described. Standing together out in the front lawn with cars parked in a semicircle and headlights shining behind them, the men faced the front door of Davenport’s home. Two of the men Sean and Angela immediately recognized as Doc Hopper and his assistant, Max.

“Hopper?” McFly shouted in surprise. “How did he get to 2011?”

Angela began to see a connection. “Joie had him trade places with that Tex Richman fella we encountered in 1979. This time, 2011, must be Tex Richman’s original time, which is why he spoke of future events to Kermit and the other Muppets.”

“Well, that’s all well and dandy, but why is he here at my home?” A panicked Davenport brashly questioned.

“They tracked us here.” Angela deduced. “I don’t know how, but they did.”

Sean sighed. “So much for our plan to get the upper hand against Tannen.”

“I’m starting to think this is much bigger than Tannen, Sean. This ‘Doofenshmirtz’ is clearly the creator of the prism and the reason there are so many paradoxes happening all through time and space right now. With Joie and the DeLorean, he’s practically got his ticket to world domination.”

“How’s he supposed to dominate the world if it won’t be around any longer?” Sean asked.

It was then that Leo suddenly spotted something happening on the monitor while the others were conversing. “Uh, guys? I think this just turned into a hostage crisis.”

Everyone looked to the screen once more to see what appeared to be a teenage girl brought out in front of Hopper and his men, her wrists bonded and her mouth gagged. No one seemed to have recognized the girl, except for Sean, who made it known as he said aloud, “No!”

Hearing him, Angela looked to him and saw the horror on his face, greatly upsetting her. “Sean? Who is that girl?”

McFly frowned. “She’s Teressa…my daughter. Hopper’s got my daughter, Doc.”

END OF CHAPTER EIGHT

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Uh-oh! Something fishy is happening! Well, the hullaboola is Doc's got McFly's daughter. Not good! More please!

Also, I apologize for not replying earlier.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Uh-oh! Something fishy is happening! Well, the hullaboola is Doc's got McFly's daughter. Not good! More please!

Also, I apologize for not replying earlier.
It's okay. Glad you're still enjoying the story. :smile:

I'll try to update soon. Got a lot happening in the next couple of weeks, which will limit my time of writing new chapters, but this story will continue to get better - I promise. :wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted a new chapter from this wonderful story! I'm back with a new one that I just finished tonight! Enjoy! :smile:

Chapter Nine: Something’s Gotta Be Done about Your Kid
“C’mon out, Brown! You too, McFly!” Hopper demanded as he, Max, and his men faced the Davenport house. “We got your lil’ girl out here, McFly. Awfully pretty, she is. It’s a shame my boys gotta break her just to get through to you.” He saw how the front door remained closed, which only frustrated him more. “You got one last chance, you two! Get on out here or we make this ugly!”

Max’s body began to shake as he heard Hopper formulate his threats. Teressa’s did the same; she had only just met the Colonel Sanders wannabe and wasn’t certain if he would back up on his warnings. However, once she heard the sound of Hopper’s men’s guns clicking, she realized just how serious the fat man in the white suit was. She closed her eyes tight and prayed, hoping that her execution would be quick and painless – of course, with guns involved, she was only kidding herself by thinking the latter wouldn’t happen.

“Hold up! Hold up! Hold up!”

She reopened her eyes just as she heard the voice of a kid stepping out of the house. Looking up, she saw an adolescent black kid standing out on the front porch with his arms up high. Clearly, he was not who Hopper wanted to see, coming from the furious way in which he asked, “Who are you?”

“Uh,” the kid did not seem to be prepared for this confrontation as he stammered on an answer for Hopper’s simple question. “M-My name is…uh…Leo!” He shouted his name cheerfully as if it were a major triumph. “And, uh, I’m going to…juggle.” Leo then did as he said that he was there to do and attempted to juggle five black balls that he carried with him out of the house. But, as Hopper, Max, Teressa, and Hopper’s men soon discovered, Leo was not a good juggler; he dropped the balls just as soon as he tossed them and caused them to land near the visitors. “Oops.”

Hopper clearly was not dumb; he caught onto what Leo was doing right away. “This kid’s a distraction! Get in there, boys, and take that prism from them!” His men carried out his order and began to advance on the house, alarming Leo. Just as Hopper’s men were about to step over the black balls that landed their way, a gust of smoke suddenly shot out from each of them and brought the men to a halt. As soon as the smoke emerged, Max instinctively hopped into Hopper’s car where it was safe; he had a bad feeling about what was going to happen next.

A fierce breeze blew out of the house, passing Leo and circling Hopper, Teressa, and Hopper’s men. What they failed to notice in the excitement was that the breeze was in actuality Leo’s stepsister, Bree; she moved so fast that she was merely a blur in the eyes of everyone. She was quickly unable to be seen completely after she created a dense fog cover all over the front yard between her rapid circling and the smoke from the black balls.

The air became unbearable for Hopper, his men, and Teressa to breathe. They could not see either, which made it easy for one tall figure wearing a gas mask to rush out of the Davenport household and into the fog to free Teressa. “Who are you?” She questioned to her masked rescuer between coughs.

“I am…Gas Mask!” The rescuer said in a raspy, muffled voice before he then said in his plain voice: “Nah, just kidding. I’m Adam. I’m here to rescue you.”

Even though the guy beneath the gas mask sounded just as dense as the fog that surrounded them, Teressa was thankful for his help nonetheless. Adam carried her off of her feet and rushed her back into the house with him. Leo and Bree followed the two in, shutting the front door behind them.

Meanwhile, Hopper continued coughing his lungs out with his men with Max still inside Hopper’s car and watching helplessly. To Max, Hopper and his boys got what they deserved, especially after threatening Teressa like they did. Not before long did Max hear the engines of another vehicle roar to life at the same time he spotted headlights shining through the fog. The lights moved across his field of vision and then rose from the ground, taking off into the sky. Beyond confused, Max wondered if this guy named Davenport owned a flying car – it was the future he and Hopper were in after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angela flew the DeLorean across the starry night sky, heading in the direction of New York City. She realized that, with the flight capabilities of the DeLorean, it would take at least twenty-four hours to reach the city. Every second that had passed with Doofenshmirtz’s paradoxes in effect put the universe in considerable danger, but she was confident that they would reach their destination in time to get to the bottom of the temporal chaos and prevent further disasters. While flying the DeLorean above the clouds, she glanced at the bracelet Davenport had put on her wrist; she hoped that it truly did slow down her de-aging process and Davenport wasn’t just swelling up his ego.

“What were you thinking following us?” In her moment of thought, she was reminded from Sean’s exclamation that they gained one more traveler in their journey – Teressa McFly. “You could have been killed!” Angela grinned over the fatherly way he had addressed her there in the DeLorean. Teressa shared the backseat with Phineas and Ferb and recovered from the gas attack with a bottle of water supplied to her.

After gulping down some water, she told her young father, “Hey, it’s not every day when a girl gets to meet her father from the past.” She glanced over at the interior of the DeLorean and smiled with excitement. “This is one sweet ride. Did you get funding for all of this?”

Angela boastfully grinned over her question. “Well, as a matter of fact, I…”

“We’re not taking her with us, Doc!” Sean hastily exclaimed. “You’re not coming with us, Teressa!”

“We can’t take her back to Hill Valley,” Phineas said, “not with Hopper possibly knowing where she lives. If we take her back, he’ll just kidnap her again or worse.”

“He’s got a point, Sean.” Angela advocated.

McFly let out an aggravated sigh. “Yeah, I know.” He looked to Teressa, who gave him an unnecessary “puppy dog” look. “What’re you doing? Is that something you do often in my future?”

Teressa nodded. “Yep.”

“Does it work?”

“Is it working now?”

“Unfortunately, yes.”

“Then yep.”

“Crap.”

Teressa graciously smiled at her young father as he appeared to have made up his mind on the matter.

END OF CHAPTER NINE

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
(In Kermit's cheer) Yaaaaaaaaaay! Hopper got defeated! Well, I wonder where Leo, Sean, and the Ferb brothers going to end up next.

MORE PLEASE! MORRRRRRRE!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
(In Kermit's cheer) Yaaaaaaaaaay! Hopper got defeated! Well, I wonder where Leo, Sean, and the Ferb brothers going to end up next.

MORE PLEASE! MORRRRRRRE!
Haha! Leo's not part of our little time-traveling group, I'm afraid. :wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
As everyone is waiting for the next new chapter, check out the poster I made for the story! :smile:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Haha! Leo's not part of our little time-traveling group, I'm afraid. :wink:
Right! Leo is your OC, not a major character. I can't wait for the next chapter.

As everyone is waiting for the next new chapter, check out the poster I made for the story! :smile:

That poster looks great. You created that? I'm surprised!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Right! Leo is your OC, not a major character. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Yep. It's only just McFly, his daughter (Teressa), Angela "Doc" Brown, and Phineas & Ferb. Don't know if the DeLorean can fit anymore, lol.

That poster looks great. You created that? I'm surprised!
Indeed I did! I made two versions of it - the one I posted here is the one I finished up on just last night. It only took me 30 minutes to put together. :fanatic: