TV Alert: The Great Muppet Caper part of February's Hub Family Movie schedule

snichols1973

Reaction score
The Great Muppet Caper is part of the Hub Family Movie lineup for the month of February.

TGMC makes its Hub Family Movie debut on Saturday Feb. 2nd, starting at 10:30 p.m. Central (11:30 Eastern, 9:30 Mountain), as well as Sunday Feb. 3rd at 4 p.m. Central (3 p.m. Mountain, 5 p.m. Eastern).

MissMusical12

Reaction score
So...I just finished watching GMC on The Hub right now. As much as I love love LOVE the movie, I really hate that The Hub cut a few things from the movie.......The parts I know they cut....
*A few parts of "Happiness Hotel" (One of them being Janice's line about the glossies)
*Almost ALL of "Night Life" (That got me mad the MOST! :grr:)
*A few parts of "First Time It Happens" :mad:
*Gonzo's last line in the movie about taking the picture of the audience. (They just cut to black rolling credits after the Hey, A Movie reprise)

And another thing.........
*So......much..........commercials........UGH!!!!!!! :mad:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I watched it on Saturday, the edits drove me bananas. I knw they have to fit the movie to fit a 2-hour timeslot with commercials but this edits really didn't work in the film's favor.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I watched it on Saturday, the edits drove me bananas. I knw they have to fit the movie to fit a 2-hour timeslot with commercials but this edits really didn't work in the film's favor.
Was it the same edits as Sunday night's?
And some of the transitions were just bad........especially the one that cut almost ALL of "Night Life" (That was the WORST transition. And that got me really mad...)

Bridget

Reaction score
I watched this, and quite a few scenes cut from the movie! Waaa! But I guess it'll be okay. After all I own the movie! I can watch the full thing whenever my heart desires! :smile:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I watched this, and quite a few scenes cut from the movie! Waaa! But I guess it'll be okay. After all I own the movie! I can watch the full thing whenever my heart desires! :smile:
I sadly do not own GMC on DVD.....but I am trying desperately to find the movie somewhere...

gbrobeck

Reaction score
The edits were a bit distracting, but the HD transfer was gorgeous... hopefully this means good things for a Blu-Ray release in the future.

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm sad I didn't know about this earlier, or I would have been watching. The edits sound terrible though. Even if they had to cut, it's such a shame to cut out bits and pieces of great musical sequences like what was said.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I'm sad I didn't know about this earlier, or I would have been watching. The edits sound terrible though. Even if they had to cut, it's such a shame to cut out bits and pieces of great musical sequences like what was said.
I was surprised when they didn't cut anything from either "Couldn't We Ride" or Miss Piggy's Fantasy. Those were the two I thought were most likely to be cut down after seeing the other cuts from earlier.

Hubert

Reaction score
I think that Piggy's fantasy would have been one of the best places to do some cutting if we have to. The scene drags on a bit and the end is the only part that is really crucial to the plot, so that would at least not be as shameful as cutting bits from some of the other songs.