Outatime!: A Muppets/Back to the Future Crossover

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Yep. It's only just McFly, his daughter (Teressa), Angela "Doc" Brown, and Phineas & Ferb. Don't know if the DeLorean can fit anymore, lol.

Indeed I did! I made two versions of it - the one I posted here is the one I finished up on just last night. It only took me 30 minutes to put together. :fanatic:
30 minutes! That's not a whole lot of time, but that sounded like you took that much time to do your poster before you have to work on something else.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
30 minutes! That's not a whole lot of time, but that sounded like you took that much time to do your poster before you have to work on something else.
I used only two programs to put it together, and both makes work go by rather quickly. :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
New chapter's finally here! :big_grin:

Chapter Ten: Retaking Manhattan
“So, not only did you lose the prism, the DeLorean, and Brown and the kid, but you got yourselves arrested, too?” Richman grumbled into his cell phone, speaking to Doc Hopper, who had called him on the payphone in a California jail cell. He stood inside the laboratory of Heinz Doofenshmirtz on the top floor of his “Evil Incorporated” high rise; near him were Doofenshmirtz himself and Joie Tannen, as well as the DeLorean that Richman and Tannen flew there in. “You do realize that these mistakes have now made you and your men useless to us, don’t you?”

My men?” Hopper furiously exclaimed over the phone. “Half of the boys in here with me are yours, Richman! Now you best come down here and bail us out, or we’ll…”

Click! Richman abruptly pressed the red “End” button on his phone, bringing an end to his conversation with the frog leg-obsessed southerner. He turned and glared at Joie. “All of this is your fault, Tannen.”

She scoffed at his accusation. “And how is this my fault, butthead?”

“You’re the one who suggested having Hopper in on this.” Richman reprimanded.

“Only ‘cause I thought he was one bad dude.” Tannen defended. “At least that’s how he seemed to me in The Muppet Movie.”

“You see, now that’s where you failed.” Doofenshmirtz said. “This isn’t some make-believe story; this is real life.” As he addressed Joie, he walked all about his laboratory in search of something. “Where the heck did I put that Freeze-inator? I’ve got like three of them, but this one’s different because it actually freezes the target – like puts them in a block of ice. The other just ‘freezes’ them – you know, turns them into statues. It’s very confusing. Maybe I should just name one of them ‘Make Things Into Statues-inator’ or ‘Freezes Things Into Ice-inator’…or maybe just ‘Ice-inator’ would work.”

While Doofenshmirtz was rambling on, two characters entered the laboratory: Richman’s minions – Uncle Deadly and Bobo the Bear. “Hey, boss,” Bobo was the first to address Richman upon entering. “We, uh, found some weird duck/beaver thing hangin’ around outside here. He says he wants to see Doof. Well, didn’t really say it – more like mimed it.”

Doofenshmirtz instantly recognized the description of the visitor and panicked. “Perry the Platypus is here? No, no! Don’t bring him in! Tell him to give me a second! I’m still looking for the Freeze-inator – not the one I used on him before, the different one.”

Joie shook her head at Doofenshmirtz, who began to search more frantically through his laboratory, tossing a lot of equipment around. In the meantime, she focused on Richman. “Look, just give me one last shot at Brown and McFly. There’s one more guy who I think will help us take that prism from them.”

Richman continued glaring at her, but he permitted her request with a nod. “Alright. You got one last chance, Tannen. But you screw this up, and I’ll erase you.”

It sounded like an idle threat to Joie, until she realized that they were in possession of a functioning time machine, which meant that Richman’s threat could have been literal. Trying not to look too unnerved by his warning, Joie left Richman’s side and hopped into the DeLorean. Uncle Deadly watched with Richman as the supped-up sports vehicle hovered in the air and took off past the balcony, soaring into the sky.

“Were you serious about ‘erasing’ her, sir?” Deadly inquired.

Deadly got his answer when Richman coldly glanced his way. He then pointed to him and Bobo and said in the same manner, “Maniacal laugh. Maniacal laugh. Maniacal laugh.” Catching on, Bobo and Deadly laughed as “maniacal” as they could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Angela, Sean, Teressa, Phineas, and Ferb finally arrived in New York City just a few hours shy of their estimated arrival time, the five travelers could not have been more ecstatic. Angela was careful not to let the flying DeLorean be seen by any city residents while landing it within a shadowed alleyway. Sean chuckled over the sense of déjà vu that he got upon stepping out of the DeLorean and gawking over the dark, smelly alley that it was parked in.

“Why is it when we come to the future, the first place we park is in an alley?” He questioned to Angela, who looked slightly younger after the nineteen-hour flight across the U.S.

“It’s the smartest place to hide the time machine.” Angela justified. “We’re in uncharted territory now. No way am I going to risk someone seeing and stealing it, especially in this city of all cities.” She glanced at her wristwatch, which – along with Davenport’s bracelet – started to slip around her right wrist due to her de-aging. She paid no mind to the issue and focused on their mission. “O.K. We arrived only thirty minutes later than Tannen and Richman, but now that we know the real source of the paradoxes, it doesn’t matter. All that matters is finding Doofenshmirtz and getting him to tell us about the prism and how to reverse its effects.”

Angela went over their plan whilst they exited the alley and strolled down the sidewalk. Teressa felt overwhelmed by the tall buildings around them. “This is a huge city. How do we expect to find this Doofenshmirtz dude here?”

“Remember what Ferb said?” Phineas reminded. “The building is coincidentally shaped like his head. So all we need to do is follow a building with this shape.” Ferb pulled out a long sheet of drawing paper from behind him and placed it on the ground. The shadow of Ferb’s head rested conveniently on the paper, allowing Phineas to draw an outline around it.

Once the outline was finished, he handed the paper over to Angela. “Smart thinking, Phineas! With this outline, we can now split into two groups. Sean, Teressa, and I will search over through one part of the city, while you boys search over through the other.”

“Uh, would that really be safe, Doc?” Sean cautiously asked. “I mean, Teressa’s got a point. This is a pretty big city – it’ll be easy to get lost while traveling on foot. What if we can’t even find the DeLorean?”

“That won’t be a problem, Sean.” Phineas assured. “Just remember that sign.” He pointed to a nearby sign that hung above the entrance to a nearby firehouse. The sign featured a heavy set, simple solid white ghost sticking out from beneath a red diagonal bar and circle. Phineas recognized the logo just as soon as he spotted it. “We parked right next to the HQ of the Ghostbusters.”

Sean cringed at the logo on the sign. “Ghostbusters? Are these guys for real?”

“Of course they are.” Phineas said. “They’re supposed to be out of business – at least in our time they are. But seeing that they’re back in business in this time means they will sometime soon in ours!”

“Well, as cool as that is, we really need to focus on Doofenshmirtz right now.” Sean said.

“Phineas, you still got your walkie-talkie, right?” Angela saw him make the confirmation by pulling the device out of his pocket. She then nodded and instructed, “If you boys spot the Doofenshmirtz building before we do, just call us and we’ll meet you out in front of it.”

Phineas smiled and spoke into his walkie-talkie. “Roger that, Doctor Brown.” He watched as Angela, Sean, and Teressa went in the opposite direction that they were about to head in. However, before Phineas and Ferb even decided to move, they glanced up at the Ghostbusters sign. Phineas in particular looked intrigued while gawking at it. “Hmm. I know that we’re not supposed to know too much of our own future, but I’d really like to see if our dream of becoming Ghostbusters happens. Wouldn’t you, Ferb?” His stepbrother merely shrugged in reply; but, of course, Phineas – ever the eager one – misread the gesture. “I can always count on your support, bro. Come on! Let’s go check out our future!”

END OF CHAPTER TEN

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hope you all are enjoying Chapter Ten! A new chapter will be coming soon! :smile:

I updated the poster for the story to appear more "cinematic." :fanatic:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The next new chapter will be coming later this evening! In the meantime, here are some banners I made for the story...

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Another surprise twist in this new chapter! :smile:

Chapter Eleven: The Alternate Self
“So…what’s your life like in 1996?” Teressa curiously asked while strolling down the sidewalk with her young father and Doc Brown.

“Don’t I ever tell you? I mean my future self?” Sean remarked, sounding a little surprised by her question.

Teressa shrugged. “We never talk much about your past. There always seems like a lot of it that you want to forget.”

That fact about his “future self” worried him. What if there was something that would happen to him in the past that would negatively impact his future? In great concern, he questioned to Teressa: “What am I like…here in 2011?”

“Sean.” Angela watchfully whispered to him. “Remember what I told you.”

“Yeah, yeah. One’s never supposed to know too much about his own future.” McFly restated the exact words from his old (currently young) friend. “But I have to know, Doc.”

“You keep to yourself quite a bit – never bothering to speak to anybody but Mom or me, and that’s only when we ask if you’re O.K.” Teressa revealed. “Of course, we know that you really aren’t. When you say you are, we just know that you only act like you are. Not even Mom knows what’s up with you, but she knows one thing – whatever happened to you in the past has changed the dude you are now.”

Her description of him in fifteen years brought a chill down his spine. He had always seen himself as having the perfect future – a wife, a child, and a major gig as a famous guitarist and singer. But he was always reminded of something Angela had told him sometime after their last adventure through time: “Your future hasn’t been written yet. No one’s has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one.” Ever since she gave him that advice, he had been trying his best to follow it and ensure that every day of his life was one filled with the right choices that led to the future that he wanted himself to have. It was one of the many curses to being a time traveler – the one possible future always being on your mind while trying to live the present. So that only begged the question of whether or not the future Teressa described to him was indeed the one set for him, regardless of whatever choices he made.

“There it is!”

He heard Angela’s voice again but in real time as she pointed directly ahead of them. Following her gaze, the McFlys discovered that – just a few blocks away from them – was the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building. It looked exactly as Phineas sketched it out to them in the shape identical to Ferb’s head. Gazing at the sketch in Angela’s hands and towards the building, Sean nodded and said, “This is the place.”

Once they got this confirmation, Angela pulled her walkie-talkie out of her right pocket. The communication device began to weigh more than her and cause her pants to sag down her thin waist. After retrieving the walkie-talkie, she hiked up her blue jeans and contacted Phineas. “Phineas, this is Doctor Brown. We’ve reached the Doofenshmirtz building. How close are you boys to it?” Static sounded over the walkie-talkie and only static. “Phineas, do you copy?” Again, static was all that was heard.

“Maybe they got lost?” Sean assumed.

“How could they get lost if they’re from this city?” Teressa wondered.

“Hey, cut ‘em some slack. It’s a big city.” Sean said. “Intelligent boys like them can still get lost, can’t they?”

“No. No, they can’t.” Teressa contradicted.

Angela gently placed the walkie-talkie back in her jeans pocket. “I’m sure they’re on their way, but I’m afraid we can’t wait for them. We must get inside and find Doofenshmirtz immediately.” She led the way for them and, within a moment, they arrived at the entrance to Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated.

Angela and the McFlys went through the entrance’s revolving door; however, before they could have made it out the other side, they found themselves contained by a pair of steel walls that closed both openings of the cylindrical enclosure. It was an obvious trap, meaning that Doofenshmirtz had anticipated their arrival. “This should’ve been expected from a place with ‘evil’ in its corporation name,” Teressa voiced the understandable embarrassment she shared with her father and Brown on their predicament.

The group suddenly felt the enclosure rise like an elevator, even traveling up through a shaft. When they arrived at the topmost floor of the DEI building, there was a ding and the steel wall facing indoors slid open – just like an elevator door. Angela, Sean, and Teressa found themselves standing within the laboratory of Heinz Doofenshmirtz and at the mercy of Tex Richman, his minions (Bobo and Deadly), and Doofenshmirtz himself as he aimed a ray gun of some sorts at them. Close nearby the villains was a fedora-wearing platypus frozen from the neck down in a block of ice.

“Welcome to my laboratory, Doctor Brown!” Doofenshmirtz exclaimed. “I must admit that I didn’t expect you to come here. In fact, it’s a little disappointing, because we had this whole plan of capturing you. But I guess in order to do that we had to first know where you were, which would’ve taken like hours to do, and what evil genius has all that time to…”

“Oh, quit babblin’ and ask them where the prism is!” Richman impatiently demanded.

“Oh, yeah, right.” Doofenshmirtz uttered, seeming to be reminded of their goal from the oil tycoon’s outburst. He cleared his throat and did his best to sound as evil as possible when addressing Angela again. “Tell us where the prism is or suffer the wrath of my Alternate-inator!”

Sean stood baffled from the name of the device in the mad scientist’s hands. “The Alternate-inator?”

Doofenshmirtz seemed excited by McFly’s confusion and saw it as an opportunity to segue into showing off the invention. “I just found it this morning while rummaging through all my other Inators to zap Perry the Platypus over there with. I invented it one day after remembering a time in my childhood when I watched It’s a Wonderful Life and wondered what my life would’ve been like differently – would I have been happy or still miserable and would have I had a nemesis like Perry the Platypus. Unfortunately, this Inator only works during paradoxical events in time, which – fortunate for us – we’re in right now!”

After Doofenshmirtz’s long, winded explanation of the weapon, Angela and the McFlys all exchanged perplexed gazes. “Um…no offense, but your ‘Alternate-inator’ doesn’t really sound all that…well… lethal,” Angela told Doofenshmirtz.

“That is exactly what I told him.” Deadly stated in exasperation.

Angela’s criticism offended the mad scientist. “W-What’re you talking about? Of course it’s lethal!”

“Showing somebody a different version of their life? How is that lethal?” Teressa questioned out of curiosity and even a hint of criticism herself.

“Well…uh…what if your alternate life turns out dull or horrible? Then what?” Doofenshmirtz queried.

Sean sighed. Doofenshmirtz’s question could not have come at a more ironic time after hearing the type of life he would one day have from Teressa. In response to the mad scientist’s query, he dolefully said, “Could there be an even worse life for me?” His question seemed strange to Doofenshmirtz, but Angela and Teressa caught hint of its meaning due to their earlier conversation.

“We’re wastin’ time here.” Richman made himself known again by voicing his impatience. “Brown, you’re gonna give us the prism or else.”

Angela felt more relaxed than she did before entering the building, having witnessed the ineptitude of Doofenshmirtz – the man behind the “genius” invention that caused so much temporal chaos. Glaring at Richman, she boldly said, “I’m not giving you a thing, Tex. The only giving that’s going to be done here is you guys giving us the information on how to reverse the effects of the prism.”

“Ha!” Doofenshmirtz cried out. “Keep dreaming, sister! You won’t…” He stopped as soon as something small, fast, and teal soared right across his face and struck him. Doofenshmirtz momentarily reeled from the vicious blow. Once he regained his senses, he saw that his nemesis had escaped from the block of ice that imprisoned him, having melted his way out of it somehow. “Perry the Platypus? You’re out of the ice? But how did you…” He stopped as soon as he gained a sense of déjà vu. “You know, I suddenly remember why I’ve never used that Freeze-inator before.”

“Get that platypus!” Richman ordered Bobo and Deadly, who both went right to work in trying to nab Perry. Unfortunately for the two, the platypus was too fast and agile, flipping himself high in the air before Bobo or Deadly could get a hold of him.

Doofenshmirtz then made his own attempt in subduing the platypus with the Alternate-inator, firing repeated shots at Perry. The platypus dodged each blast, cartwheeling and somersaulting his way around the laboratory. Angela and the McFlys were impressed with how skilled the animal was, making Doofenshmirtz more inept than he already made himself out to them. Perry managed to land another blow to the face of Doofenshmirtz, causing the mad scientist to fire his Alternate-inator in the direction of Sean McFly.

There was an intense white glow that engulfed McFly for a brief moment. After it had passed, Sean no longer stood there; instead, there stood a Caucasian female with raven hair in a bob cut. She wore Sean McFly’s clothes – everything from his down vest to his white Nike sneakers. The sudden emergence of the young woman that stood in Sean’s place surprised everyone in the laboratory, especially Perry the Platypus, who stood and stared at her with stunned eyes.

Angela braved herself into addressing the young woman, wondering if she was still her best friend – only in different skin and gender. “Uh…Sean? Is that you?”

The young woman gazed at her in confusion. “Sean? Doc, you know my name’s Jacqueline…Jacqueline McFly. Who’s Sean?”

END OF CHAPTER ELEVEN