The Missing Link Hogthrob

Nasubionna

Reaction score
I still like my idea of a Pigs in Space videogame (see my Muppets Videogame thread) where you could play as Link, Piggy, and Strangepork. I wish Palisades wouldn't have gone under, b/c if they kept making their great line of Muppet toys, we could have had a "Bear on Patrol" costume Link, or a "Sonny Boy" costume Link, or superhero Link from the Lynda Carter episode, or a biker costume Link, which I thought he wore in both the "I Get Around" and "Macho Man" numbers. :sigh:.
I would looooooooooooove a Pigs in Space video game! Ugh!
You should check out this thread if you havent' already:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/dearth-alexs-customs-and-dioramas-v2.47630/

This person has done a ton of customizations of the Palisades figures, including a Bear on Patrol Link and a Disco Fever Link from the Lesley Ann Warren episode. If they did a Biker/Leather Link figure, my day would be MADE! :big_grin: Would love a barbershop quartet, too. :big_grin:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Some great customizations. I did recognize the body of the Bear on Patrol Link as being from the Police Academy toy line, which I had when I was a kid. Looks like either Tackleberry or Mahoney's body.

LinkLady77

Reaction score
This may be old news, but I only just noticed while taking screencaps for drawing reference that Link's sergeant uniform from "Bear on Patrol", the patch on his left shoulder says "Macho Desk Sergeant". Haha! Love it! Yes you are, Link. Yes, you are.

Wow...I would have never noticed that...that's hilarious!! LOL!!!

Nasubionna

Reaction score
One thing I love about Link is how much of a male fashion plate he's always been. I want to take a moment here to share my utter delight about how Link gets FIVE costume changes in The Muppets: his stylin' blue suit (with his trademark ascot!), a re-vamped Swinetrek uniform, adorable barbershop quartet costume, handsome tuxedo (rental or not? You decide!) and finally a classic trench coat. This is pretty wonderful, considering his part in the film was relatively minor. I just love how much he pops up in the background!
I also think his rebuild looks pretty good. While I will always love his original look, with the more golden-blonde hair and thicker eyebrows, there's no denying he looks great now - and I'm so happy to see him back. :flirt:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I picked up The Muppets Original Soundtrack yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to hear Link's voice more prominently in the official soundtrack version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" than we do in the movie (not that we can't hear him at all, but the Jack Black chaos tended to drown out parts of the song).

Steve Whitmire definitely has Link's sound down and I hope this is just the first of many appearances for him. Link's blend of pomposity and self-importance was always a great caricature of puffed-up Hollywood egos (especially among aging leading men) and he'd fit perfectly in that role again today.

Wouldn't he be great in a scene with William Shatner? (Or, for that matter, Patrick Stewart?)

Nasubionna

Reaction score
So, this thread has been dead for a while (poor Link's ego would be crushed!), but I was just thinking about how much I hope he's in the upcoming "Muppets... Again". It was such an amazingly unexpected comeback in "The Muppets", and it would really be a shame that they had him rebuilt and prominently featured in a major musical number only to put him away again. So, here's hoping for some more Link in the next movie! Bring him back for realz! His adoring public is ready and waiting!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was such an amazingly unexpected comeback in "The Muppets", and it would really be a shame that they had him rebuilt and prominently featured in a major musical number only to put him away again.
I feel the same way about every character who was rebuilt for this. While there haven't been that many Muppet productions since, it seems none of the obscure characters who were rebuilt for the last movie have been seen since the Scratching the Surface blu-ray feature. I don't think they were in the Just for Laughs event, none of them were in the All I Need is Love music video (just characters who had been used fairly regularly in the few years before the movie came out), it's also a shame that the newly-rebuilt Thog and Mutations have't been used outside the new movie yet.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
I feel the same way about every character who was rebuilt for this. While there haven't been that many Muppet productions since, it seems none of the obscure characters who were rebuilt for the last movie have been seen since the Scratching the Surface blu-ray feature. I don't think they were in the Just for Laughs event, none of them were in the All I Need is Love music video (just characters who had been used fairly regularly in the few years before the movie came out), it's also a shame that the newly-rebuilt Thog and Mutations have't been used outside the new movie yet.
Yes, I agree! I've been keeping an eye out for him (and, like you said, ANY of the minor rebuilt characters!) in the latest features, and it's been very disappointing to not see any of them. Here's hoping at least some of them make it into the next film. :frown:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Just watched the Cloris Leachman episode last night; Link gets plenty of screen time. Even though he was never one of the core Muppets, and seems to rarely interact with the others outside of TMS (he must think they're below him), he had a lot of great bits on the original show.