Sesame Song about Pockets

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Since no one else has done this, here goes ... (everybody sing! :smile: )

What would we do without pockets?
Pockets are helpful and cute
You need a pocket or things might go wrong
Pockets are pals and they'll help you along
Where would we carry our fruit,
Keep rubber bands in,
Or put our hands in?
Pockets are pretty to boot!
I'm saying,
Everyone's clothing has pockets
Even the silliest suit
Pockets can carry a quarter or dime
Possibly pockets can help you tell time
Pockets can even be magic
Let's give a rousing salute
Pockets are very
Extr'ordinary
Pockets are really a beaut!

We'd have to carry things loose
You need a pocket for combing your hair
'Cause when you're finished, your comb goes in there
Many things come out of pockets
Things you could not reproduce
Pockets can help you, but listen out there
There could be trouble, so stranger beware
That lots of things go into pockets,
But never tomato,
No, not tomato,
*giggling* Mister, oh, please, oh, no, ... ooh. :concern:

One of Raposo's finest little-known compositions. :big_grin:

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Other scenes/ skits from "pockets" song

Fuzzygobo,
Thank You so much for your input. Now truth66 & I know more. Now we have to put all the scenes in order. This song has been in my mind for years. I didn't know the person wearing overalls full of tools was a woman. I only remember the step ladder breaking and then the next scene which is a woman wearing a white sweater putting her hands in the pockets. Can you help us get all the scenes in order? I know someone who has a video with the pockets song on it but they can't find it! Thanks again for your help. Someone out here knows more about this song/skit.

mikealan

Reaction score
If any of you who really wants the Sesame Street song about Pockets on Unpaved #796, well, I got it from BWSmith in the last days of April 2004. If anybody wants to trade with me for the Pockets song, email me at mikealan802@aol.com.

I'm so lucky that I have the ever-finding Pockets song, where it featured scenes like the man pouring tomato juice in his jacket pocket and a magician pulling the rainbow napkins out of his pocket! :smile:

Mister Fred

Reaction score
"POCKETS!"

Mikealan, what are all the scenes in order on the song and lyrics? I would like to trade for this video as would truth66. Thank you so much

Mister Fred

Reaction score
I don't think those are the exact lyrics to the song, but that's really creative.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Truth66,
Are you going to email mikealan about tape #796 with the pockets song on it? I have been so busy lately but I do have a sad update on that former customer of mine that had the video we were after. They have split and the one that still lives there cannot find the video. They went through EVERY SINGLE ONE! Iam so upset but am glad someone else here has it. Let me know if you are going to trade with mikealan cause maybe I can. If I get that video, I'll be singing along wearing my overalls! Check out sesame beat.com, that site is the one that refered me to here at muppet central.
Sorry that I could not come up with the pockets song / skit video. I feel so ashamed & embarassed.

truth66

Reaction score
"Pockets" Song / Skit

Mister Fred,

I don't have anything I want to part with or trade for. I was hoping you could work something out with mikealan. I am very pleased to know that he has a copy he is willing to trade for. I have been promoted at work to upper management, so that means I will be spending more time in the office and less time in the warehouse, which means...no more overalls worn to work! I am a little bummed out, but the pay increase is worth it! I can wear casual clothes to work everyday, but no overalls! I make the switch next monday, so I will be wearing my overalls all this week. By the way, I agree with you about the lyrics posted earlier, I think they might somewhat acurate, but I think there are some lyrics still missing...but who knows I could be wrong. Hopefully you can work something out with mikealan. Thank you for your continued efforts and don't feel embarrassed or ashamed about not being able to get the "Pockets" song/skit by now, you are doing your best I am sure. I feel bad that I can't contribute myself to the struggle.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
"Pockets song/skit"

Good news truth66, I ran into that customer today and they found the video. I will be sure when I get over there and see it for sure. I can't believe it! Oh by the way, happy to here of your new job promotion. Iam driving truck locally now picking up trash (I'm the trash man) and happen to stop at the shop the customer works at. Small world! Get those overalls on or other clothing with big pockets. I will let u know as soon as I have it. WOW! I can't wait to see all the other scenes in the song that I never remembered.

truth66

Reaction score
"Pockets"

Hi Mister Fred,

Sorry I have not been posting very often. I have been very busy at work. The new position has me working a lot of weekends. The work is very exhausting! I hope you have gotten to finally watch the "Pockets" song/video. Please let me know what is was like to watch it after all these years and please give me explcit details of the sequence of events in the video. I sit here writing this post in my overalls. I haven't worn them for a while now and it feels so good to put them back on. I will be sure to watch the video in my overalls when the time comes. There will be no question about that! Congrats on being the trashman! I have a family member who is a trashman also and he makes good money! Thanks for the continued efforts! Keep in touch!

Censored

Reaction score
Mister Fred said:
I don't think those are the exact lyrics to the song, but that's really creative.

That sounded like the real lyrics to me.