Sesame Song about Pockets

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Hurricane!

Truth 66,
Florida has been hit with 4 major hurricanes. Thankfully my house was not damaged, only my rubbermaid tool shed came apart. I put it back together.
Many people's houses have been destroyed or badly damaged.
I have not gotten over to get that video and I pray there house was not destroyed. Bad news, the trashman job didnot work out and I'm back driving tractor trailer. That's kept me busy. I have asked a few people about the pockets song and some remember it. Keep asking around and we can get more answers until I have that tape. I keep 2 pairs of overalls in the truck and think of that song every time I wear them as well as my mom singing.
If I don't get that tape soon, I might just have to try and trade with the other member here who has it. Have a safe and very happy halloween.

P.s. I keep an oscar the grouch in the truck; he's my all time favorite.

truth66

Reaction score
"Pockets"

Greetings Mr. Fred,

Good to hear from you. I am sorry about the hurricanes in Florida. I am glad to hear that you and your family made it through okay. My uncle lived in the upper pan handle somewhere (i don't know the name of the city) and he left Florida just before the hurricanes hit and now he lives in Georgia. I have been really busy workwise. A lot of people have been out for a while because of this flu bug going around. Thankfully I haven't been sick..yet. So, with everybody out sick, I have been holding down the fort to certain extent...very trying and stressful at times. But, I've learned many valuable lessons from it. I still wear my overalls faithfully as often as I can. However, I've gained a little weight recently. Now that I am in my 30's I am noticing more and more my metabolism slowing down and I can't pound down food like I did when I a kid. Anyways, thanks for all your continued efforts. I have a new hire / friend at work who remembers the "Pockets" song, but she is clueless on the skit itself. She remembers the same bits that you and I do.
Take care and keep in touch...remember, one can never have too many pockets!

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Truth 66,
I have more info on the "Pockets" song. I've been asking around and got more info. The person wearing the overalls was a woman. I have had no time latley to search for that tape cause I'm too busy at work driving truck & hauling frieght. I'll let you know of anymore info or if I get that tape. Keep me posted too.

truth66

Reaction score
"Pockets" Song / Skit

Mister Fred,

Greetings and thanks for the update! Like you, I have been very busy at work. I have been thinking more about this skit and would like to know based on the lyrics that Boober_Gorg posted, at what lyrical line does the woman in the overalls (Marilyn Sokol) come into the scene? And what else has she done on Sesame Street? I am trying to picture her in my mind and I don't think I recall what she looks like.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind me barging in, but she appears in the second half of the song. If you want to know what she looks like, she appears in episodes #1706-1710 of SS, and the "Sausage Nose" episode of "Between the Lions".

ssetta

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Hope you don't mind me barging in, but she appears in the second half of the song. If you want to know what she looks like, she appears in episodes #1706-1710 of SS, and the "Sausage Nose" episode of "Between the Lions".
You mean Aunt May? I never knew that was Marilyn Sokol. You wouldn't happen to know who counselor Mickey was?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I didn't know it either, but someone mentioned it was, and the voices match up. She was also in a toothpaste commercial with Emeril Lagasse last year.

Sorry, I don't know who played Mickey.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
ssetta said:
You mean Aunt May? I never knew that was Marilyn Sokol. You wouldn't happen to know who counselor Mickey was?
That was from camp echo rock. In the "pockets" song, was Marilyn Sokol in any other scenes other than the one wearing overalls. I keep thinking she was the woman wearing the long white sweater with her hands in the pockets or the woman wearing the tan jacket in the beginning of the song opening the pocket on the jacket that had a flap & snap and later on the pocket with a zipper.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Was the tomato juice guy or the boy combing his hair in any of the other scenes? Was Marilyn Sokol in any other scenes other than the one wearing overalls?