Custom figures and dioramas

GAR

Reaction score
Hello all... I've been away for quite a while (again). But while gone I did manage to finish the custom I talked about almost exactly a year ago on this very same board (page 30 in the thread). It's Kermit as Jack Sparrow. Not with goatee and 'stache, but rather as he could be seen in the Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 premiere report:

Here he is. Base is obviously Capt. Smollet Kermit, added belt and accessories from a Jack Sparrow figure and Playmobil gun. The bandana is sculpted, so is the entire upper chest area (can hardly be seen with the belts and all). Dreads come from some Predator figure I found in a thrift shop. They were/are perfect!

Hope y'all like!

And don't forget to answer Muppetspot2. I don't quite have the answer for him and I don't want his post being overlooked by throwing in some pics of a custom:smile:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hello all... I've been away for quite a while (again). But while gone I did manage to finish the custom I talked about almost exactly a year ago on this very same board (page 30 in the thread). It's Kermit as Jack Sparrow. Not with goatee and 'stache, but rather as he could be seen in the Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 premiere report:

Here he is. Base is obviously Capt. Smollet Kermit, added belt and accessories from a Jack Sparrow figure and Playmobil gun. The bandana is sculpted, so is the entire upper chest area (can hardly be seen with the belts and all). Dreads come from some Predator figure I found in a thrift shop. They were/are perfect!

Hope y'all like!

And don't forget to answer Muppetspot2. I don't quite have the answer for him and I don't want his post being overlooked by throwing in some pics of a custom:smile:
Awesome job here of Kermit as Jack Sparrow! I love it! :smile:

Dearth

Reaction score
Nice! I have a partially disassembled Smollet and a donor figure of Jack Sparrow in a ziploc bag together somewhere for the purpose of doing this exact same 'Pirates of the Amphibian' custom. Great paint job you did on the jacket!

As for the broken Uncle Deadly, can you take a pic? I may can walk you through the steps needed to fix it. Or send me an email at Ploovo241@aol.com for faster replies.

Alex

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I would love it if someone made a Clash Character who got ignored, like Leon, Ace Yew, Goriddle Gorilla, Roary the Lion, Benny, Elmo, Hoots, anyone, really. I feel Paladise skipped over his wonderfull contributes to Puppetry.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I would love it if someone made a Clash Character who got ignored, like Leon, Ace Yew, Goriddle Gorilla, Roary the Lion, Benny, Elmo, Hoots, anyone, really. I feel Paladise skipped over his wonderfull contributes to Puppetry.
Yeah. Just to correct you, Goriddle is not a Muppet character. He's from The Great Space Coaster. Palisades would've made other characters from The Great Space Coaster as well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
First of all, Goriddle Gorilla and Rory the Lion wouldn't have been made because those aren't Muppets/Henson characters. They come from other puppet-based programs, The Great Space Coaster and Between the Lions respectively.

Secondly, Palisades did make a figure of Clifford (and a repaint) for Series 6. Also, Bad Polly who was performed by Kevin was included as a pack-in for Captain Abraham Smollet in Series 7.

Third, it should be noted that there is a photo of a prototype sculpt of an Elmo figure that would have been made for the in-flux Series 2 lineup of the proposed Sesame Street line that would have started in either 2005 or 2006 before the company went bankrupt and bought out by Licensed by CAS.

Hope this helps.
Still, it would be nice to see someone attempt customs of as many Muppet figures possible, which is why I applaud Christianwr's continued Mupdates in spite of not knowing which figures he's made.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
First of all, Goriddle Gorilla and Rory the Lion wouldn't have been made because those aren't Muppets/Henson characters. They come from other puppet-based programs, The Great Space Coaster and Between the Lions respectively.
Roary's also from Great Space Coaster, and I pointed out that even though they aren't muppets, they're great characters he puppeteered.
Plus, a Goriddle Action figure would be flippin' awesome.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, but there's the problem right there. The license Palisades had was for "Muppet" action figures. So anything that's "non-Muppets" is right out of consideration.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Yeah, but there's the problem right there. The license Palisades had was for "Muppet" action figures. So anything that's "non-Muppets" is right out of consideration.
Even though this is a CUSTOM FIGURE thread?