Video: The Count Celebrates Sesame Street's 1 Billion Views on YouTube

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I thought the voice was spot on. Are we sure it was Matt though? Like someone said, if he's busy with the new Muppet movie, it may not have been. But you never know. Eric Jacobson often went back and forth, so it could be the same for Matt. I still can't help but wonder if maybe it was Jerry and maybe this was recorded before he died and saved so it could be used now. Kind of a crazy idea, I know but that's just a theory. Plus with a new Count, that may be a sign we might hear a new Elmo soon as well. We'll have to keep our eyes and ears open.
It was Matt. As Shane said, the video was filmed in early January and The Muppets Again didn't start production until late January.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
"Share it Maybe" had the kind of effect that The Chipmunks have: taking a song that was kind of bad to begin with and actually making it enjoyable.
I believe the Chipettes version of Call Me Maybe was fake. As real as it seems, nothing about it was ever announced.

EDIT: I watched this yesterday and after comparing it to Jerry's Count today, I am VERY impressed! It sounds much better than yesterday for some reason. :batty: 1, 1 amazing performance! ah-ah-ah! *Lightning and Thunder*

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I fully agree that Matt Vogel is already doing a great job as the new voice/official performer of the Count. Jerry Nelson would indeed be proud. :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like everyone else, I think that Matt plays The Count really well, and the recast should ensure us that more of him will be seen in the future. :smile:
I'm very glad that Jerry and Matt worked together up until the end. That experience Matt has ensures that The Count will live on as part of the series as long as there's Matt. It's a real shame this sort of thing didn't happen sooner with other Muppets and performers. At least we're assured there won't be that awkward gap in character appearances. Look how long it took them to get Guy Smiley back. And that was only a couple appearances, mostly outside the show proper.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Would it be ruining the party too much to point out that, if Sesame Workshop were British, it'd only be 0.1% of the way to a billion, since the British billion has twelve zeros?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
im just so amazed ive listened to this song so much!! just freaking the count! :smile: :batty: