"If You Listen to a Tune"

DancingQueen

Reaction score
I was browsing Muppet Wiki and to my surprise found a short page for this song, including who wrote it and when. I LOVED this song, but have only heard it in the context of episode 2107, never anywhere else, as far as I know it is somewhat (or more than somewhat) rare and obscure....I'm curious if anyone knows where the person who posted it there got the info on it? I didn't know its "real" name, much less knew its composer, though obviously a lot of people have a lot more info on this stuff at their fingertips than I do. Just curious....(If the info is true, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, I certainly want to thank that person who posted it because I always like to know the names of the authors of songs I enjoy, and I've wondered about this one for a long time!)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I was browsing Muppet Wiki and to my surprise found a short page for this song, including who wrote it and when. I LOVED this song, but have only heard it in the context of episode 2107, never anywhere else, as far as I know it is somewhat (or more than somewhat) rare and obscure....I'm curious if anyone knows where the person who posted it there got the info on it? I didn't know its "real" name, much less knew its composer, though obviously a lot of people have a lot more info on this stuff at their fingertips than I do. Just curious....(If the info is true, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, I certainly want to thank that person who posted it because I always like to know the names of the authors of songs I enjoy, and I've wondered about this one for a long time!)
I found it! Enjoy it, Dancing Queen! I want to make sure this is the right one.

DancingQueen

Reaction score
It is the right one, thanks! I'm very familiar with the video, but I always love seeing it! So thanks for posting it, even though I've seen it! I never tire of it....it is my all-time favorite episode of Sesame Street!

DancingQueen

Reaction score
BTW, I have this episode on tape, but it is a bad copy that gets more worn out every time I play it. This is a long shot I'm sure, but if anyone out there on this board has a decent copy of it (doesn't have to be perfect, but almost any copy would be better than my current one), I was wondering if you could maybe loan it to me so I could copy it on my own and then I'd send it back to you? (I assume this would be preferable to someone just making a copy for me). I'd GLADLY pay shipping both ways of course if someone would be so generous! (I'd prefer to have a hard copy, not just a rip of the YouTube videos....) Anyway, message me if you're interested, I'd greatly appreciate it!