Shaka's Sesame Sketches

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
A very belated thanks to you guys for your kind words concerning my babbi Cookie doodles. :smile:

Jeez, I thought I'd be a little more active than this. D8 But the only thing I've finished that I feel is good enough for sharing (that didn't wind up looking horrible when scanned) were these two huge pics.

Pics of one of my personal favorites. :3

Again, very basic; mostly just getting used to drawing him. I should really try to better reflect his manic nature in future sketches. Also, I wound up drawing the left one on the paper in a way and in a place that left no room for his other hand; and I'd already done too much work on the face to just erase it all and start over. Oh well.

I know I'm not the only Telly fan here, right? >>;

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
VERY good job in capturing Telly's character :smile: I really admire your sketches! They're so clean.

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
Aw, how cute! :smile:
VERY good job in capturing Telly's character :smile: I really admire your sketches! They're so clean.
Heee! Good to know I did him justice. :excited:

Hmm...
Now I need to get back to figuring out how to draw expressions for some of these bulbous-eyed monsters. AGH why did I have to get hooked to drawing fanart for a show with so many characters without eyebrows?! Aaaghsbasdbf DX

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
Your Telly sketches are great! He's always been one of my top favorite Sesame characters too.

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
Good Lord, I am so bad about replying properly. Or keeping up with anything. Honestly, it's been well over a month. orz

But anyway, thanks, WeirdoGirl. :3 Nice to meet fans of such an under-appreciated character (or at least under-appreciated compared to most other major players).

And now, a question: how does this fandom generally feel about ehh... *cough* fan-characters... ?

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
And now, a question: how does this fandom generally feel about ehh... *cough* fan-characters... ?
Oh please :coy: I don't have any OCs for anything, really, but I am sure everyone'd love to meet yours if you have 'em! Muppet fans are pretty cool with most things and creative in general, I've come to find.

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
Oh please :coy: I don't have any OCs for anything, really, but I am sure everyone'd love to meet yours if you have 'em! Muppet fans are pretty cool with most things and creative in general, I've come to find.
Oh good. XD It's just that, y'know, Muppets in general seem almost like a part of something untouchable and too sacred to soil with typical fandom trappings like OCs or shipping; both of which sometimes get a bad rep. (... And that I actually create and do plenty of, respectively... ) I was afraid that most Muppet fans would groan and roll their eyes at things like OCs. Especially one's like mine. >>;

But here he is anyway. Drawn somewhat sloppily on the back of an old printed page, because I don't like to waste paper. XD;

Meet Marcus.

Yes, I know, he looks like a very stereotypical emo teen. XD But there is a purpose to it.

He was created from a fascination I have concerning the nature of Grouches. Namely, just how much of their drive to indulge in unpleasantness and condemn niceness is natural to their species, and how much is socially conditioned. Is it mostly born out of instinct and natural preference, or is it mostly learned? Is there a real reason behind it besides "that's just how Grouches are?" And does the reason have its roots in more animalistic, feral ancestors, or was it fabricated later on by their more sapient society? Just how did they come to be this way?

Anyway, my point is that I'm really interested in "nature versus nurture," and it got me thinking of a Grouch raised by non-Grouch parents and how it might affect said Grouch's character. Yeah, it's one of those "character is adopted and raised by different species and faces problems because of it" sort of plots, except that he's sixteen at the time of the main story and has known what he is and the fact he's adopted since he was really young. It's mostly about a teenager struggling to figuring himself out - as most struggle to do, of course - while also being tugged in different directions by two world's that have their own ideas of how he should think and act.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
He was created from a fascination I have concerning the nature of Grouches. Namely, just how much of their drive to indulge in unpleasantness and condemn niceness is natural to their species, and how much is socially conditioned. Is it mostly born out of instinct and natural preference, or is it mostly learned? Is there a real reason behind it besides "that's just how Grouches are?" And does the reason have its roots in more animalistic, feral ancestors, or was it fabricated later on by their more sapient society? Just how did they come to be this way?

Anyway, my point is that I'm really interested in "nature versus nurture," and it got me thinking of a Grouch raised by non-Grouch parents and how it might affect said Grouch's character.
DUDE. That is...wow. That is really cool. What an absolutely awesome OC! I dig it!!

I love a fan who thinks about these kinds of things :big_grin:

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
DUDE. That is...wow. That is really cool. What an absolutely awesome OC! I dig it!!

I love a fan who thinks about these kinds of things :big_grin:
^_^ !! Heh, yeah, I think about these kinds of things all the time with fandoms. Especially if I'm building stories and/or characters around them.

Along with Marcus, I already have a small cast of characters; five altogether, so far. And here's the second.

This is Connie.

Musing over what I'd seen of Abby's fantasy world thus far, I somehow wound up thinking of an imp character from the same world. There's more to her character than just that, of course, but I don't want to give too much away just yet. :shifty: