Muppety goodness in SF

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
So, I just travelled to San Francisco for a few days, and soon found my money was being taken by Muppets yet again...

I got the book "Jim Henson: The Works" finally. I had read it before, but now I have a pristine copy of my own! I found this at the Virgin Megastore, of all places...

I found 3 Muppet air fresheners at a comic book store called "Things From Another World". There's Animal (wild strawberry), Beaker (citrus), and the Swedish Chef (vanilla).

I got 2 limited edition Fossil watches at Macy's. I was going to get one, but my wife persuaded me to get both of them. I got Kermit (limited to 2000) and Animal (limited to 1000). They're both great, and I plan on only wearing them every once & a while so they last longer.

Thank goodness the FAO Schwartz had been closed down, or else I might have had to hitchhike back home...! :wink:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Also, check out Amoeba Music on Haight Street for rare Muppet vinyl. The last time I was there, I saw some Sesame Street 45s on display (for sale) on the walls above the counter.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
TFAW is a great store. Over-priced, but cool. Glad you had a fun trip. Lots of stuff to do here. I just wish the weather had been nicer. It usually is this time of year :smile:

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I went to Amoeba Records too, but sadly, no Muppety goodness... :sympathy:

Of course, there might have been some, but that place is so big, who can tell???

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Virgin Megastore is so awesome; How much was the book?

I always make sure to hit VM whenever I see one. So far, I've been to the ones in SF, London and New York.