Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly, I report that Season 34 episodes haven't started showing down here in Puerto Rico, they're still stuck on S33. Phil, or anyone else for that matter, do you know when S34 episodes will start up here in Puerto Rico? And if so, please tell me when those episodes are scheduled to start airing. Thanks for the help and have a good day.

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
Crush Grovin'

Wow...am I glad I grew up in the early seventies. With women like Gina and Gabby on the show I don't think I would have been able to pay much attention to the number of the day.

:halo:

Jus' teasin...Actually, this is a reference to the second episode of the season. Very cute. La-La La La, La-La La La - Elmo and Gina's World! LOL.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today's episode was a slight dissappointment, but still good...

The Elmo loves Gina thing (from what I saw) was a cute episode, just not as entertaining as yesterday.

They showed the lame Frere Jaque bird animation again.

JTE was pretty good, and I loved the classic Bert and Ernie Skit (this one revolved around Bert!!!) "Have you ever looked at a Paper Clip"

The Number of the day was 2... so we actually got to see the classic 2 step cartoon with the farmer and his fiddle.... WOW!!!

Instead of Global Grover, we were instead forced to see another rerun of the Hero guy segment were he makes a snowman.... I've seen it too many times to care.

HOWEVER... The Elmo's world was quite good. Sadly, this must have been one of the last ones Michael Jeter filmed....

I loved the Multiple Looney Tunes refferences (The shoe saying they should have made a left at Albequerque, and Elmo Mouse saying "I tought I heard a Puddy tat... Elmo DID!! Elmo DId hear a puddy Tat" The Elmo cat did look a lot like Sylvester anyway...

Ryan

Reaction score
Grr...They are using old story lines. The Elom-Loves Gina bit was done in an early 1990's season. Oh, well...at least it's a new show..:smirk:

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
One must always keep in mind with Sesame Street, that while "they did that in the 70s-80s-90s", my one to four year old hasn't seen it.

:wink:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Ok, ok, OK...

Here are my thoughts, totally random, and here for your amusement...

--- Last season, they showed a small street scene clip, with the long story following Monster Time, but for the first episode at least, they went right into the story, and put the short clip (in this case the moon song with Bob) in the middle. I think I like that, but it does leave me less time to dawdle at the beginning of the show.

--- The first street scene was AWESOME (even if it did include a newly dyed Gina). Loved the characters in the background and all around. Emileigh pointed out the monsters from Monster Clubhouse. Also noticed a Prairie Dawn-esque girly Muppet who was looking cute on the wall.

--- Wayne Brady was wonderful, and to those of you who thought that Snuffy and the Two-Headed Monster are "back", they were both in last season, Snuffy especially, although it was nice to see them as always.

--- Telly and Alan... WONDERFUL, love them both with my whole heart. Shut-up Quinn.

--- Global Grover really riveted Emileigh and I think it will be a terrific addition to the show.

--- JTE is new in that it is no longer a visual search, but is now auditory. Meaning, the box is gone, and now we are hunting for a sound. Seems like a smart progression, and Emileigh noticed the differences in the segment immediately.

--- Elmo's World is not any longer than usual, so just... get used to it.

ssetta

Reaction score
Today's show used an awful lot of old clips, like the 2 you mentioned, and the "In My Book Song." I also liked the part of Elmo's World about the "rabbit ears". That was really funny! And also, if you were watching the end, during the closing playoff, they actually used the ORIGINAL END THEME MUSIC! For the first time in 10 years! Also, I also noticed that they are now showing the credit crawl at the end of EACH SHOW. Because since the show started, they only showed it on Friday episodes. But I've also noticed the credits are a lot shorter than they used to be. But I always thought it was kind of unusual to only show the credits once a week. Every other show has them at the end of each show.

And about the "Elmo Loves Gina" bit, she actually dealt with it better than she did in 1993. She was explaining how they love each other, and the different kinds of love. It seems that they have re-done a lot of old shows in the past few years. Last year they did the final show where Oscar's road trip was delayed. It reminds me of a show back in 1991 where Oscar was delaying Gordon's trip to a basketball game. I also remember in Season 31, there was a scene where Telly and Rosita (I don't remember which characters) saw a box of flowers, and there was a sign that said not to pick them. Luis was there explaining it to him, and they did a similar thing in 1993. So I like the way they're doing it, and sometimes they do it even better than they did.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

<<JTE was pretty good, and I loved the classic Bert and Ernie Skit (this one revolved around Bert!!!) "Have you ever looked at a Paper Clip">>

Gosh, now I wish I had watched it. I remember that song very well. I wish somebody would have posted the lyrics at the SSLA, because that was a good one.

I also would really have liked to see all those Looney Tunes references.

C'irdan

Reaction score
nice second episode!

It made me sad that they used the same letter of the day AGAIN! but the number of the day was nice and long because he only had to count to two! "They call me the Count, because I LOVE to play the organ!" was priceless...and that was a really cool looney tunes spoof with elmo playing bugs bunny, silvester, and a mouse that was supposed to be tweety bird! COOL!!! they should have put on another global grover though... I love that segment! Journey to Ernie is a lot more interesting than it used to be! I'm glad they got rid of the annoying little areas that got used OVER and OVER again. The two headed monster and Gladys were very big in this episode again too...

"la la lala, la la lala, Elmo and Gina's world!" that was SO CUTE!

but a really uncomfortable subject to cover...so it was really important that they delt with that issue...because a lot of kids make those kinds of mistakes!

Mr noodle was especially awesome today...but I feel sorry for him because they're so mean to the guy!!!

so how often has Barkley been on lately? I have fond memories of Big Bird in China and I miss the huge fluffy calico dog.