Finding Dory coming to theaters Summer 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm fifty fifty on the Cars movies. I see why everyone hates them, but they are fun films. The second one had a Saturday morning Cartoon plot that, no matter what they could have done with it would have been juvenile. Of course, you're talking about a film that only really spoke to juvenile audiences anyway.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I like them too, but they aren't Pixar's best! I'm just saying Cars 1 got fairly positve reviews, but 2 got pretty negative. Brave was considered by most people to be a step above Cars 2!

mo

Reaction score
But still, they could royally screw the up. My fear is that they might try to make Dory even more over the top and exaggerated and lose what made Dory so lovable.
Flanderization -
The act of taking a single (often minor) action or trait of a character within a work and exaggerating it more and more over time until it completely consumes the character. Most always, the trait/action becomes completely outlandish and it becomes their defining characteristic. yeeeeaaaahhh... I hope they don't do that to dory.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've read about "Finding Dory" a few times in the last few days and thought it was a joke of some kind. Of course I had forgotten Dory's name, but I feel Finding Nemo needed a sequel as badly as Cars did.... Cars and Nemo are two of my least-favorite Pixar films.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
This sounds like Doc Hopper took over Disney,and kidnapped beginner writers, and threatened to kill their favorite characters if they refused to cooperate and write sequels, but I like Finding Nemo, so I'll see it.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The idea of the movie reminds me of this ride at Walt Disney World. I expect it'll be like this:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Like everyone else said, this could be a great way to flesh out Dory, providing they don't Flanderize her short-term memory. I would also like to see a subplot of the Tank Gang struggling with living in the ocean, or maybe a return of the sharks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd really expect the tank gang to have some sort of role in the film. There's so much potential in them trying to get by in the ocean, it would be a complete waste not to.

buttons

Reaction score
I honestly thought, when I saw Ellen post about it, it was some sort of sick, twisted April Fools joke. But now that I know it isn't, I'm so happy!

granted, I am a bit weary of how good it will be.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It would be...

had this not been announced months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.