Comedian Jonathan Winters dies at 87

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
That's sad. I remember he was on the PBS Kids Workout Show: Bloopy's Buddies. I am going to miss you, Jonathan Winters. :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aww man, he was one of the greats of comedy. :frown:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
NOOOOO!! Not Jonathan Winters!! :cry:
I love that episode. He will be missed by so many people.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Robin Williams idolized him so much, he brought him on for the last season or two of Mork and Mindy.

If you ever have three or four hours to kill, check him out in StanleyKramer's "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad World". Just about every comedian in Hollywood appeared in it.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Robin Williams idolized him so much, he brought him on for the last season or two of Mork and Mindy.

If you ever have three or four hours to kill, check him out in StanleyKramer's "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad World". Just about every comedian in Hollywood appeared in it.
Yes, I saw that film when I was very young, and have been meaning to see it again. I liked his episode of the Muppet Show; as I recall, Statler:boo: and Waldorf:sleep: hired a Gypsy to curse the show . Good stuff. He will be missed.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
One of the greatest. RIP Jonathan Winters. You'll always be remembered.

theSHE124

Reaction score
I've heard of Jonathan Winters from The New Scooby-Doo Movies. It was the one where a rooster grew from eating super chicken feed that it became just as tall as that one giant chicken in "Wonder Pig":mad: (It's true!) A villain in the guise of a scarecrow was after the secret recipe for that fritter, and Winters did his comedic impressions to freak him out a bit! :smile:

Anyway, seeing that episode here was nice! Wish I knew how much sketches I liked, but I think we seriously need to update the guides before I can make up my mind...:confused:Still, that part where Winters gave the gypsy $7 for another hour of the Swedish Curse, now that is funny!!:hungry:

You guys are so kind to commemorate him on this thread. Surely, I'll still remember him always. :embarrassed:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I'll also really miss him as the voice of Papa Smurf from 2011's The Smurfs and as Sappy Stanley, a one-shot character from the episode, "Who Bopped Bugs Bunny?" of Tiny Toon Adventures. Jonathan Winters was a really funny guy. He will be missed by all of us, especially Jonathan's closest friends and family. :cry: