New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman, may I present to you some awesome news? Ray Liotta has revealed his cameo in the film! This is what he said...

"With the Muppets? We sing and dance. Me and Danny Trejo are in prison, Kermit is there as well as scattered other Muppets. Kermit gets thrown into jail because they think he’s somebody he’s not, and the identical of him, this guy Constantine, is going out and doing bad things. So yeah, we’re just singing and dancing. Tina Fey is the Warden, Ricky Gervais is somebody in it, it was a lot of fun. It’s really funny. It’s all singing and dancing.”

Omg, omg, OMG!!!!!

(Screaming while doing a happy dance!)
thats freaking awesome!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That was a minor spoiler.

I ask that in the future, posts that reveal info like that please have "Minor Spoilers" on them.
I'm trying to make sure I don't know too much about the movie before I see it. :wink:

GonzoWaltsfan

Reaction score
That sounds a little like Muppet Caper, only switch Piggy with Kermit. I loved that film though, so hopefully they do a good job. Guess that means Kermit won't have as much as of a role the rest of the film till the end when every ones trying to free him and get his good name back. Unless they some how break him outXD This should mean, pretty much all the muppets will get parts in this.

edit;

Or could be about them trying to get away from the cops and helping Kermit. Either one sounds good.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
What's the bet that Constantine 'romances' Miss Piggy to fool her and the rest of the troupe (excluding Fozzie, Gonzo and perhaps Rowlf) and ends up proposing to make things even more complicated? That would explain the wedding scene and why Constantine was seen in London.

I've already said it, but I hope Constantine is puppeteered throughout the movie by Steve. The more of him, the better.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Alright, I know I've already put the news on here, but here's the story from a different interview with Ray Liotta.

Liotta said he does get to show a softer side of himself in a film coming out soon. “I just did a movie with the Muppets,”

“There you go,” he told me, whipping out his iPhone to show me a picture of him and Miss Piggy in a big smooch. The notoriously flirty Miss Piggy also looked like she might be giving him tongue.

So is she a good kisser?
“She’s great,” Liotta enthused.

The Muppets … Again!” is a jewel-heist caper, headed by a Kermit-look-alike, co-starring Chrisophe Waltz, Tina Fey and Danny Trejo.

“Me and Danny are in the Russian gulag. We’re prisoners in a prison that Kermit gets put in,” Liotta explained. “There’s a guy, Constantine, who’s a Russian Kermit, who’s got a beauty mark on his – not a face – whatever frogs have – Constantine gets out and they put Kermit in because they think Kermit’s him and we sing and dance. We’re just singing and dancing the whole time. It was great. It was so much fun.” Liotta said co-star Danny Trejo may have had a hard time distinguishing between reality and fantasy.

“Danny Trejo just could not stop talking to the Muppets. In fact it was almost like, Holy crap, he really believes they’re real!”

After director James Bobin would yell cut, Trejo would keep talking to Kermit, Liotta said. “He’d go up and say, ‘So Kermit, what’d you do last night’ or whatever. He couldn’t stop. The whole time, like for months.’’
Looks like they were having a great time while making this, which surprisingly doesn't happen every time a movie is filmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.