AnimatedC draws

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score

Happy Jim Henson Remembrance Day, everyone.

23 years ago today, the world lost the founding man of the Muppets. While I wasn't alive at the time, I was a bit shocked to learn that Jim Henson was in fact deceased. I wasn't aware that even after his death, his works (namely Sesame Street and Muppet Babies, as well as the show Bear in the Big Blue House that was made after his death) were shaping my childhood. And when I discovered the actual Muppets, I developed a renewed interest in his work and am deeply grateful for his creations.

This may come to no surprise to some of you, but to those of you who are unaware, I'm a big fan of the Electric Mayhem. (And here you guys thought I only drew the obscure characters...) When it comes to characters that Jim Henson himself performed, most would list Kermit the Frog or Rowlf the Dog as their favorite. While I still do like those two, I'm going to have to go with Dr. Teeth as my favorite that Henson himself performed. He's just so charismatic in everything he does. His wardrobe is mostly always very sharp, hip, and colorful. His smile... need I say more about his smile? And don't get me started on that voice...

The title of this piece ("I'm Gonna 'Splode an Atom Bomb") comes from the lyrics of "Love Ya to Death", which Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem performed in both the "Sex & Violence" pilot for The Muppet Show
and the actual Muppet Show
. It's gotta be one of my favorite songs that the Mayhem's ever performed. Ever.

(A bit of trivia: The song "Love Ya to Death" was written by Joe Raposo, who also wrote "Bein' Green", "C is for Cookie", and "Sing".)

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Today's a special day. Why? Because it's my little bro Logan's 10th birthday!

And guess what, guys? He's a Muppet fan!

So what do I draw him for his birthday? This little scene. =3

That's Logan in the Minecraft shirt and the Pokemon Shinx (his favorite) popping out of that present. You all know who the Muppets in the picture are, I'm sure. (The Muppets represented here ARE his favorites, as well.)

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score

Kermit: "W-Well, listen, I've never really learned how to dance."
Gonzo: "Oh relax, I'll lead!"
Kermit: "What...?" O__o
[they begin to dance]
Gonzo: "You look lovely tonight." 83

So does anyone else remember this moment in the Carol Burnett episode of The Muppet Show?

Just a random doodle to help me out of a creative rut. Hope you enjoy. 83

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er, exactly what is this piece of digital art supposed to depict? :confused: :eek:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score

"At first you think Cruella is a devil
But after time has worn away the shock...

You've come to realize
You've seen her kind of eyes
Watching you from underneath a rock!"
"You're no help, Digit..."

Because, like Digit and Vicki, Roger and Anita Radcliffe are dorks. (And before you guys think the hearts were something I added, check out the actual clip [low quality, but still].)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh Digit... What next, will you and Vicki end up as Charlie and Mel Jones? If so, I wonder who Caitlyn would cast as Coraline.
*Leaves a gift card for Honeyduke's.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Hey people. Well, I'm back! Admittedly, I've been busy with things like life and college and whatnot, but I've decided to return once more after putting things off.

And what better way to come back than to just... post one big art collection that I've done over the time I've been out? I'll try to go chronologically from the stuff I've already posted here to show some sort of progression, since I have no idea when it'd be otherwise.

First off is a transparently-background Waldo C. Graphic I did a while back. It was originally gonna be part of a different picture, but I ended up scrapping the drawing idea.

Next up is an illustration/design from A Robotic Heart (which I still need to work on...). This is just so you guys can have more or less an idea of what he wore. The left outfit is the usual one from before he joined the band. The right? Obviously, someone else had a hand in his wardrobe... And yes, I did base the outfits off of some that a certain actor playing a certain character wore on a certain show from that same time period.

Next up... Wow, that's sort of a Muppet dry period for me. Not sure if I drew any Muppets for a while.

The next thing I do have is a screencap redraw. This time, one from The Jim Henson Hour.

Screencap Redraw - Little Mouth Corner Cracks by ~AnimatedC9000

"Ooo, there are little cracks starting at the corners of your mouth."
You guys remember this part, right?

Yeah, I drew a picture of it. Because that's honestly one of my favorite Muppet moments ever. Sorta. Kinda.

And here we have Lindbergh and the pink bird from that one JHH promo pic that I have since decided to give the name "Amelia Talons" to. And an actual character. Seriously, I really would have loved to seen her in the actual show with dialogue and actual interactions. She looked like she would've gone far, since she was interviewing Jim Henson himself...

And this is one I've been saving for last. About a month or so ago, I lost the ability to be on my laptop and had to do things on my tablet. As such, I really didn't like the situation... But now I have my laptop back, yaaaaay. *weak and tired Kermit arm flail*
But that's not the point. This was drawn during one U.S. Government class. For the life of me, I have no idea what we were talking about. All I know is that one of the acronyms for what we talked about was "RAT", and that inspired me to draw Rizzo for the first time. And then some other thing was discussed, and it seemed Gonzo-like, so there's him. And then Camilla, because I really wanted to draw Camilla.
All done without reference.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! AnimatedC9000 has returned!

Yes, we remember that scene from The Secrets of the Muppets.
:concern: Will we be revealing all of our secrets?
:smile: Yes Gonzo. *Leaves the scene.
:concern: Okay... I admit it... Late at night, I like to soak my toes in gingerale just so I can give myself foot fizzies. I'm so ashamed.
:electric: This is so fascinating, learning about puppetry.
:concern: He said the P-word! Get him! *Group tackle on Digit.

Though I can't see it because of my eyes, I love the fact you've made that pink bird lady into a character proper, I now think of her as Amelia Talons with the personality you've given her, and that's always a wonderful thing.

Thank you for posting, please don't leave us again. *Deposits bag of chocolate chip Oreos at Caitlyn's Apt 9 doorstep.