Fleece Question

bigwilly2000

Reaction score
I was wondering if you can't get Antron fleece what would be a good alternative, anit-pill, brushed, micro, etc? I'm starting two more monsters and need the fleece for hands, feet and bellies. :big_grin:

Chris

Slackbot

Reaction score
For my first puppet I used cheapo fleece that was on sale at Hobby Lobby...

The purple guy, Janken, was made with cheap fleece, and Sage, the blue kid, is Antron. You can see the seams on Jan's hands, feet, and nose if you look for them, but they're not obtrusive. I Henson-stitched both puppets, then picked and brushed the seams to camouflage 'em.

I've seen the same fleece at JoAnn's. It's double-sided.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You probably shouldn't listen to what I have to say, because I honestly don't care one way or another if the seams show or not, but a really good and cheap alternative to antron fleece is either polar fleece, or blizzard fleece, which is what they usually use to make blankets and so forth. I'd kind of recommend blizzard over polar, as blizzard is a lot more smooth, and after a while, polar tends to take on this kind of appearance:

Blizzard doesn't usually have that problem, which is why I prefer it... but then again, sometimes I'll even use a polyester fleece.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Yea Regular anti pill polar fleece is pretty good at hiding seams if thats what your worried about..

Tho ive never worked with antron so cant compare the two personally :smile:

bigwilly2000

Reaction score
An anti-pill fleece is what I was thinking too. I will try the polar kind as that is easier for me to get. An interesting thing I just found online while researching fleece was that "Polar" fleece is actually a brand name. The main kinds are anti-pill, brushed & micro, they are differentiated by the nap and length of fibres. Its kind of like how all open top 4X4's are called "Jeeps", all bleach is know as "Javex", tissue known as "Kleenex", window cleaner known as "Windex" and the list goes on and on, lol. :wink: