Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Man he can hit some high notes. I give this guys credit!!!:laugh:

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Yeah, he may not sound exactly the same, but I doubt many people would have trouble accepting him as Elmo. He definitely still feels like the same character.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's Ryan doing him. I feel he's over-doing it, movement-wise, but there are spots where the voice was near spot on.
I almost swore that they used a recording of that song at first. We have our Elmo, as far as I'm concerned.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Holy shoot, good for Mr. Dillon! As good as he is, I was just not expecting to see him actually get a major Muppet role, especially as an already established character. I sort of assumed the new guy would've been someone I've never heard of or one of the "main" well-known performers. I can hear a bit of his "Phoebe the Owl" character when he yelled a bit there (which realizing now, it is very Kevin Clash-y), but that is eerily good overall...especially eerie since we can actually see him. It's like "Wait, that's not the guy who plays Elmo...but that is Elmo.:skeptical: " I wish him luck and really look forward to seeing what he does!

But yeah, I wish anyone else but that site would've reported this. It's a shame this good debut is paired with that dumbness. But whatcha gonna do.

SSLFan

Reaction score

Looks like Ryan performing him again.

One minor critique I'd give is - while I appreciate him keeping Elmo's enthusiasm alive- is to tone down the "over-excitement" a bit. It seems like he's overdoing it at times and it tends to upstage the other muppets. Besides that, while its been difficult adjusting to Elmo having a new performer, this kid's doing a fine job.

muppetlover123

Reaction score

Looks like Ryan performing him again.

One minor critique I'd give is - while I appreciate him keeping Elmo's enthusiasm alive- is to tone down the "over-excitement" a bit. It seems like he's overdoing it at times and it tends to upstage the other muppets. Besides that, while its been difficult adjusting to Elmo having a new performer, this kid's doing a fine job.

I felt like defently he was trying to upstage the rest of the gang. But i agree 100% that Ryan's doing amazing.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I still can't get over those high notes Ryan can hit...HE IS AMAZING!!!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I said in the last video link he needs to dial it down a tad, but he's doing pretty well with such big shoes to fill.

Also, I wish they still used the extra lyrics of "Sing" ("Sing of love there will be, sing for you and for me") instead of using the first verse again. But I love that they had the Count right up front with the rest; here's hoping that he gets an increased presence in season 45. I also love the high note John T's chicken hits at the end there.