Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I wonder if they will have a commentary with Dave Golez and Steve whitmire for this movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
In the end, does the design really matter? Yeah...there is something off about it, but its still better than the Disney dvd release a few years back. Despite it being nothing but a photoshop collage, at least it looks like there was some work put into it.
As far as the fact that all these DVD covers now have to include stock art or stock photos, Disney could have done a lot worse, but they could have done a lot better. I guess photoshopping the characters is cheaper than paying Drew royalties on his work... that is, if they have to pay him. It's better than the usual ADHD or completely minimalist crap they force on Kid's DVD's these days. Too bad they had to go 1990's with most of the cast.

I hunger for new posers.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well it maybe cheaply Photoshopped, but is this the first time we have ever had Janice and Dr.Theth on a Muppet Dvd,or VHS cover?
Janice was on the Rocky Mountain Holiday cover and Dr. Teeth was on the Rock Music with the Muppets cover. And they were both on the cover of It's the Muppets: Meet the Muppets and one of the Best of the Muppet Show releases (both use the same Electric Mayhem group shot), as well as The Muppets blu-ray.

I find it odd that the cover has Statler, Waldorf, and The Swedish Chef, who don't have big roles in the film and don't go on the road trip, but not Floyd (who was also missing from all The Muppets DVD/blu-ray covers... maybe Floyd should be called "The Mokey") or Zoot. It would have been great if they managed to show Sweetums chasing the car.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
FFS I hope this is a joke!!! It's bleedin awful!! Colourful, but AWFUL!!! I could comp better blindfolded and using only my feet!!
Well, at least they're relatively in scale with each other. Unlike the cover for The Muppets, with it's bigger-than-Beaker Walter and all. You'd think they'd show that they cared about a release by investing a little more of that care into the cover art.

Still miffed at Hollywood for sending the hand-drawn movie poster the way of the dodo. Photoshopped posters are just too sleek and sterile looking. It's just unnatural. UNNATURAL, I TELLS YA!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Yargh. I do not like that cover a'tall. It looks like it was put together in an afternoon by a Photoshopper who had never seen the movie or TMS and was just told "The characters drive across the country, here's some stock art, put the green guy in the center."

But at least it's not as dreadful as the FrankenBoober on the cover of the re-re-release of FR's third season.

The light source is all over the place, the color of his skin is inconsistent, the shading depth ranges from mellow to harsh, and whoever perpetrated his didn't even try to make the halves of the arm extended toward us match up. I suppose he or she thought it was clever to make it look like Boober is flippin' a bird at us. And as a special bonus, Philo and Gunge (or their miscolored stand-ins) are being crushed to death.

My point? Er...that blu-ray cover is just another collage, no attempt at composition. But at least the photoshopping doesn't suck out loud.

With great filters come great responsibility.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree, the Muppet Movie cover is miserable looking, lol. That Fraggle one isn't too bad, I like it, but I see what you mean about consistency, etc.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
I'm a little worried about the seemingly soon release date and the lack of a DVD re-issue. For some reason, it makes me suspect that there may be "No New Bonus Features" (Oh Nose!!! :concern:)
Never mind, on both counts. Apparently, there is going to be a seperate DVD issue (which will probably be a reprint of the last DVD release, like MCC was), and there will be new bonus features! StitchKingdom reported that the Blu-Ray will include "Frog-E-Oke," (my, what a clunky title) which presumably is like the sing along bonuses you get on certain Disney movies.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I'm getting the bluray but the frog e okie thing sounds kinda cool! I hope they have the bluray come with a dvd

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I much prefer the original movie art, but I understand that these brightly colored photoshop designs are meant to entice younger viewers. Even so, it looks kind of rushed. I'm most interested in the movie and the special features inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.