U.S.A., I love you.

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
Today an American was by on business, and for a stay. He makes me realise again why I love the U.S.A.
He is what I would call a "best American"; a real one : he has a lot of class and a lot of pizzazz. He is quiet and strong. It is not rare to meet such a one.

(Travelling internationally the last decade, it struck me over and over: it is as thought the U.S. has a secret policy of sending out tourists unlike this guy: people who show poorly overseas, confirming every stereotype of Americans conceivable, though they are actually atypical Americans...!)

I grew up in Canada in a town near the end of the world. The first seasons of Sesame Street, and the first Sesame Street books, mediated to me a whole other way of life on this continent I would not otherwise have encountered: the inner city (real and Sesame-ised versions) ; a way of sharing life deeply and intensely, a way of living one's dreams. Thanks, Sesame Street, U.S.A.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Today an American was by on business, and for a stay. He makes me realise again why I love the U.S.A.
He is what I would call a "best American"; a real one : he has a lot of class and a lot of pizzazz. He is quiet and strong. It is not rare to meet such a one.

(Travelling internationally the last decade, it struck me over and over: it is as thought the U.S. has a secret policy of sending out tourists unlike this guy: people who show poorly overseas, confirming every stereotype of Americans conceivable, though they are actually atypical Americans...!)

I grew up in Canada in a town near the end of the world. The first seasons of Sesame Street, and the first Sesame Street books, mediated to me a whole other way of life on this continent I would not otherwise have encountered: the inner city (real and Sesame-ised versions) ; a way of sharing life deeply and intensely, a way of living one's dreams. Thanks, Sesame Street, U.S.A.
Ugly American: an American in a foreign country whose behavior is offensive to the people of that country (as defined in Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary)

Starchamberfall

Reaction score
Some typical Canadians, getting down in the castle:
Takes a bit of discussion to get around to it, however!

And the king of kid's T.V. in Canada was...an American, Bob Homme.