Terrible Rumor: Muppet*Vision 3D to close in DisneyLand California

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Anyone hear the rumor that the pre-show was going to be remade for Muppet Vision 3D. That's not going to happen, is it? I hope not, I thought the pre-show was great and I think it was one of the last times Richard Hunt performed Scooter.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Anyone hear the rumor that the pre-show was going to be remade for Muppet Vision 3D. That's not going to happen, is it? I hope not, I thought the pre-show was great and I think it was one of the last times Richard Hunt performed Scooter.
Most likely not happening. The only things I can see changing in the pre-show would be the removal of any and all references to Kodak, since Disney and Kodak severed their ties earlier this year.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Oh no...I just read on Twitter that tomorrow will be MV3D's final day of operation at CA Adventure because rumor has it that it's gonna shut down for some Frozen attraction. Plus I also read that it's closure is listed on the calendar on Disneyland's website...

Again, oh no...:cry:

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Oh no...I just read on Twitter that tomorrow will be MV3D's final day of operation at CA Adventure because rumor has it that it's gonna shut down for some Frozen attraction. Plus I also read that it's closure is listed on the calendar on Disneyland's website...

Again, oh no...:cry:
This is reportedly a temporary closure for the season.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
This is reportedly a temporary closure for the season.
Well, they're constantly using the theater for other events, so it's definetly closed for the holidays to host a Frozen attraction. Beyond that, it's unclear what the fate of the attraction will be, but it's currently temporary. Disney hasn't announced anything because they haven't decided what they're going to do with it after Frozen is done.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, they're constantly using the theater for other events, so it's definetly closed for the holidays to host a Frozen attraction. Beyond that, it's unclear what the fate of the attraction will be, but it's currently temporary. Disney hasn't announced anything because they haven't decided what they're going to do with it after Frozen is done.
I wish I went on Muppet Vision 3D when I went to Disneyland, but sadly I was not a muppet fan the one time I went there.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Oh I see...so it's pretty much closed for a Frozen screening/show or something, like back when the attraction shut down for little sneak preview screenings of Oz: The Great and Powerful and Frankenweenie a few years ago.:stick_out_tongue:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Oh I see...so it's pretty much closed for a Frozen screening/show or something, like back when the attraction shut down for little sneak preview screenings of Oz: The Great and Powerful and Frankenweenie a few years ago.:stick_out_tongue:
This is different though. Frozen is taking over for the next couple of months at least, but this is more than a sneak-peek at something. Knowing how Disney shoves Frozen down our throats, this will likely stay.

Disneyland.com confirms the closure. The best we can hope for is that it's not permanent.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/muppet-vision-3d/