New movies coming out...

radionate

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I guess it's just a generational thing or you don't particularly like him.
No offense to Ryan, but yeah it must be. Especially when he says that Bowfinger is one of the greatest movies ever. :sleep:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't remeber this being mentioned, so, What do you guys think about the new film coming out: Shrek 2?

I hear that it is going to have the gingerbreadman in it again, so it hould be good. Also it has John Cleese and Jully Andrews voicing far far away King and Far Far Away Queen. What do you guys think?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm excited. Thouroughly the first film. It seems that som held the original to the Disney/Pixar standard when the intention was to break away from the mold. Sequels are always tricky, but with a story like Shrek the possibilities are endless.

Unfortunately I just saw the Scooby Doo 2 poster down the street. The first film was okay for a rental, but I dread this sequel. Who knows. Could work.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
After reading through the first eight pages, I have decided that I can't scroll though the *whole* thread. Can someone please tell me when and if Wolfy ever saw Finding Nemo and had to eat her words?

Finding Nemo was really wonderful, wasn't it?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I don't remeber this being mentioned, so, What do you guys think about the new film coming out: Shrek 2?

I hear that it is going to have the gingerbreadman in it again, so it hould be good. Also it has John Cleese and Jully Andrews voicing far far away King and Far Far Away Queen. What do you guys think?
Well. maybe I'm hoping for too much, but this sounds to me like a sequel that could be in a class with <b>Toy Story 2</b>. It sounds like they're really taking their time and doing a good job with it. And Julie Andrews and John Cleese? Man!! :big_grin: They can't hurt the film any!
Erin

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Can't get a better endorsement than that. I can't believe the film did so well. It's not number 8 on the top ten films of all time - beating the Lion King and Forrest Gump. Don't think it will bump the Two Towers, but it has gone leaps and bounds over expectations. :smile:

radionate

Reaction score
Since Jamie seems to have left off part of his post, he's talking about Finding Nemo folks.

And I have a feeling that it might eventually out do the Two Towers at the box office.

And I also am very ashamed to admit I saw Freddy Vs. Jason last night. I don't really know why I went, but I did. It pretty much blew in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of the "slasher" movies at all. It had a few parts which really cracked me up, and the sad part was they weren't meant to be funny. I'd pass on this one.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Rumoured plot of Shrek 2 taken from http://www.animated-movies.net/ShrekII.html

--------------

The film begins with pages from a fairytale book (a la Shrek), showing how the magical world was upset by Shrek taking the place of Prince Charming by marrying Princess Fiona. It turns out Prince Charming is the son of none other than the Fairy Godmother, who has not given up hope for a Happily Ever After for her darling impossibly handsome child.

After a raucous honeymoon, including a spoof of the famous Here to Eternity beach scene where a mermaid tries to steal Shrek from Fiona, Shrek is taken to meet Fiona's parents. The only problem is, Fiona's parents (the King and Queen of Far Far Away Land) are expecting Princess Fiona and Prince Charming, rather than the two ogres that alight from the pumpkin carriage to greet them on the red carpet.

The sequel takes place in Far Far Away, a fantastic fairytale spin on Beverly Hills: instead of the Hollywood Sign, "Far Far Away" graces the nearby hills; various fairytale characters own large estates, including Rapunzel and Jack (the Beanstalk rises up from behind his gates). Far Far Away even sports its own Gap clothing store and stretch carriage limousines. When the King tries to have Shrek killed in favor of Prince Charming, the fun starts. The King employs the services of Puss 'n' Boots, who, despite his best efforts, fails miserably and joins Shrek on his quest for Fiona. After drinking a "Happily Ever After" potion to try and win back his wife, Shrek (and Donkey) are transformed into beautiful versions of themselves, which causes all sorts of mistaken identities; arrests; and an appearance by Shrek and Donkey on the Fairytale version of Cops: Knights. The episode of Knights is seen by Pinocchio, Gingerbread Man and the Three Little Pigs on television (the magic mirror) as they house-sit Shrek's swamp abode. Deciding to rescue Shrek and Donkey, the film moves into high gear as the Fairytale group resort to a ridiculously entertaining way to save them and storm the castle.

radionate

Reaction score
Okay, my biggest beef with Shrek was that more classic Fairy Tale characters weren't used enough. There were great site gags, but I wanted more.

This sounds a lot better, IMHO, then the first one.