New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Sure, but they taste better with kazakaker sauce with a hint of magluag berries.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Cameos! Cameos everywhere! Got yet another one folks!

Debby Ryan is now coming out about her cameo in the film. Any more cameos and there won't be a need for extras! I'm sorry, two or three cameos are fun, but the amount they have this time around is just getting a teensy weensy bit ridiculous!

WillyThePig

Reaction score
Disney basically killed the muppets slowly. They shouldn't be trying this hard with them. They should stop trying to make everything all kiddie and stick to the classic muppet humor that made the so famous to begin with. And seriously all these new characters feel like they were rushed too. If you're going to make a new character make sure it's something everyone will enjoy. I really have no idea why the Jim henson company would sell the rights to the muppets in the first place. They may not have the financial abilities to pump out a new crappy muppet film every five minutes like Disney can, but they can take their time and make a quality muppet movie that people would like.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Disney basically killed the muppets slowly. They shouldn't be trying this hard with them. They should stop trying to make everything all kiddie and stick to the classic muppet humor that made the so famous to begin with. And seriously all these new characters feel like they were rushed too. If you're going to make a new character make sure it's something everyone will enjoy. I really have no idea why the Jim henson company would sell the rights to the muppets in the first place. They may not have the financial abilities to pump out a new crappy muppet film every five minutes like Disney can, but they can take their time and make a quality muppet movie that people would like.
I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree with it 100%. To me, everyone involved in the last movie did a darn good job at recapturing the magic of the Jim Henson era. Now granted there were a few minor flaws (we've already been over the editing), but overall the movie was phenomenal. As for the new characters, I love them. Now you're not the only one that doesn't like the new guys (I've heard from a few Walter haters in the past). Overall, I feel Disney is handling the Muppets very well (ignoring the lack of DVD releases).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They should stop trying to make everything all kiddie and stick to the classic muppet humor that made the so famous to begin with.
The Muppets (2011) was the best that's been around in a long time and I enjoyed it, but I agree that the old Muppet humor wasn't quite there (though it looks like some of the cut scenes might have fixed that).

Status
Not open for further replies.