What Movies You Hate But Everyone Else Likes

Drtooth

Reaction score
God help me....I might get crucified for this, but....I didn't like The Muppets.

Okay, hear me out!

Your words.

Better than Muppet Wizard of Oz is a good defense, because most likely, we would have ended up with a movie exactly like that. D list at the moment celebrities being forced in, nipple jokes...just lazy, cynical, below Family Guy type humor. And even then, that's if Disney even wanted to make a Muppet movie. We all seem to forget, if it wasn't for the "fan fiction" writers, Disney would've probably just bought the rights to some old cartoon and made a movie that has nothing to do with the original show. And NO ONE would have cared, as the remaining fans of said cartoon would find it blasphemy, and no one under a certain age has ever heard of it.

Think of it this way. You have this life long dream of making a movie with your favorite characters. You get that opportunity. You throw in as much stuff as you think the fans like, and you essentially have a deep connection of what the fans want and don't want. You think you've done a favor to the fans and then someone says "Nyeehhhh, Nyeh-I don't like it" because it doesn't measure up to something it need not measure up to. That would suck, wouldn't it?

Let me expand the field. Say you're making this thing you think is a beautiful fan tribute in a field of cynical cash grabs by studios who bought up rights to films and only make said films because the options are about to expire. Sloppy, terrible films like Marmaduke, Garfield, Dragonball... name a kid's film based on a cartoon franchise. Not only are you trying your darndest not to fall into that field, you insist that you're trying hard to distance yourself from all that, when everyone else just lumps you into the same group. That really would suck, wouldn't it.

I'm not so much defending the movie, but defending the fact that if it wasn't for said movie, the entire franchise would have died. And as much as classic fans like classic things, we'd have to resort to watching beat up old VHS's.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
....why do I even bother?:fishy: Look, saying I didn't like the movie isn't saying I wanted the franchise to die.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Well, I can't control what other people say. Hopefully, I'll enjoy the upcoming movie. I just didn't enjoy that one. Geez, a girl can't saying anything...:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tell you the truth, this was a flame war bait thread anyway. No hard feelings?

I also noticed I can't really contribute, as most films I do hate, others really hate as well.

Plus I talked everyone's ears off about how much I think Pocahontas sucks, so that leaves me one conversation out.

Did I mention how much I hated the live action 101 Dalmatians movie too many times for it to matter? If I did, all I can say is...

really? Roger's a video game producer? Did the people of 1998 stop listening to music enough to make song writing obsolete?

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Did I mention how much I hated the live action 101 Dalmatians movie too many times for it to matter? If I did, all I can say is...

really? Roger's a video game producer? Did the people of 1998 stop listening to music enough to make song writing obsolete?
Yeah, let's not fight. Plus, I really hated the live action 101 Dalmatians movie, too. Seriously, it was fine as an animated movie. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Not sure how popular the live action version is, but my mom owns it on tape, so it must have some followers.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I really hated "Madagascar" to me, that's when things started to fall apart for Dreamworks.
C'mon! Jokes about somebody biting somebody else's behind, a "help" sign and the "P" falls off then they read it, the list goes on.
In fact, the first one was so bad, it made me skip the other two.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a lot of movies I hate that I haven't even seen. Mainly stuff I had no initial interest in seeing that then became insanely popular.