New movies coming out...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I've seen the trailers for the Lemony Snickett movie, and they intrigue me... I've only read the first book, though. Isn't the movie based on two or three of them?

Whatever

Reaction score
"Good-bye Lenin!" has been released on DVD in the US. It is a wonderful, sweet, funny German movie that has won tons of awards. I love it. :flirt:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I've seen the trailers for the Lemony Snickett movie, and they intrigue me... I've only read the first book, though. Isn't the movie based on two or three of them?
Is it? Gee, I'm gonna hafta get reading... :concern: Of course, the first book took me a couple hours to read, so it shouldn't take me long to catch up... :wink:
Erin

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
I highly recommend Zach Braff's new movie "Garden State." I saw it this past weekend and it was absolutely incredible. For those who don't know, Braff is the lead actor on the TV series "Scrubs" and he wrote/directed/stars in this movie.

In Garden State, he plays a guy in his mid-20s who returns home for the first time in nine years in order to attend his mother's funeral. The film is pretty funny, but it also made me think a bit too. Braff's writing ability is amazing. The strong cast also includes Natalie Portman and Ian Holm. It has a limited release right now, but should hit more theaters in the next week or two.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I'm excited to see Saints and Soldiers. I don't think it's wide release...but who knows, it may be. It's won at a lot of film festivals and looks awesome!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Ooh, Ian Holm's in it? Another reason to go see it. I was intrigued because I heard Simon and Garfunkel were on the soundtrack.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Garden State isn't out where I live yet, but I've wanted to see it since seeing the trailer for it months ago. It was very enigmatic, but it made it look like a really interesting movie.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Janicenotsure said:
Has anyone heard of the Lemony Skicket film
Check out further up this page...*snicker*

So, do you love the books? Or have you never heard of them?

Beauregard

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
It looks a tad bizarre. :smile:
Honey, a tad bizzare is an overstatment of the year. Totally Bizzarreo doesn't even come close to what these books are...

Very...very...very...bizzarre is only getting a little closer...