New movies coming out...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Check out further up this page...*snicker*

So, do you love the books? Or have you never heard of them?
Define the snicker Beau,lol. I've blipped thru the first book.Might looksie and see if I can see the trailer online.What better bizarro to be in a movie like that than Jim Carrey?:crazy: Does it seem stranger than any of the Tim Burton films?

McFraggle

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Honey, a tad bizzare is an overstatment of the year. Totally Bizzarreo doesn't even come close to what these books are...

Very...very...very...bizzarre is only getting a little closer...
LOL! It seems very Tim Burton-ish.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I just saw a trailer for A Series of Unfortunate Events and it gives me a gross feeling every time. I don't like anything about it.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I did watch the trailer last night.It's Jim Carrey's act again,the same voice persona(didn't he do that in The Mask,Ace Ventura).Don't think I could watch him,again.I only like his serious acting.Doesn't come out 'til a week before Xmas.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Yeah, I actually haven't seen Jim Carrey in any serious roles. I sure don't like him in any of his others, though. (The Grinch, for example, disgusts me).

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
The first movie I ever saw Jim Carrey in was "Ace Ventura," and for the most part I found that movie pretty gross, though there were a few parts I liked. I wasn't crazy about Jim in the Ace Ventura movies, "Dumb and Dumber," "The Cable Guy" and probably a couple others. But I liked him for the most part in "Liar Liar," "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and what I saw of "The Mask." I really liked him in "The Majestic" and his little part in "Simon Birch," and I loved him in "The Truman Show" and "Bruce Almighty." I also really wanted to see "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." For the most part, I think he's taking on better and better roles and getting away from the real gross-out stuff he did early on. I thought "Bruce Almighty" had a really good mix of the full range of his qualities, from all-out goofiness to doe-eyed sincerity.
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
The only roles that I truly liked Jim Carrey in were: Man on the Moon,his role in Peggy Sue Got Married,The Truman Show. I read on IMDB, Tom Cruise and Speilberg are cahooting to remake War of the Worlds,with the biggest film budget to date.Here it is:

Spielberg and Cruise Set To Film Biggest Budget Film Ever
Steven Spielberg's upcoming movie War Of The Worlds is poised to make history in Hollywood as the most expensive film ever made - surpassing Titanic's $198 million budget. The Oscar-winning director and actor Tom Cruise, who first teamed up in Minority Report, will pocket a fifth of the box office profit from the film based on HG Wells' classic story about Martian invaders. A source says, "No expense will be spared. Spielberg wants to make it the film of the decade." Orson Welles' 1938 radio adaptation caused panic in America when the tale convinced listeners Earth was being invaded.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I'm excited for that one! Just hope the money doesn't get to their heads too much. Sounds like it should be awesome! When is it expected to be released?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Don't know yet,I think they are just in talking stages now DrumEater. I'm still conteplating The Exorcist:The Beginning;but the book is so gory,I'm sure the movie will be too(more so than the original).